Assistant Director, Young Alumni and Students
Yale UniversityNew Haven, CT
The Assistant Director for young alumni works as a member of the Yale College annual giving fundraising team to raise unrestricted support for the University through organized and coordinated fundraising efforts. Through various communication channels, they concentrate their efforts toward meeting donor acquisition goals which includes directly soliciting alumni for gifts. They develop strategy, manage and execute annual engagement and solicitation initiatives for students and young alumni. This position recruits, trains and supervises student volunteers. In addition to devising creative messaging for direct mail, e-solicitations, event and peer-to-peer fundraising, they provide direct assistance in marketing young alumni and student giving opportunities while supporting established Alumni Fund solicitations to Yale College alumni. In the fall of 2021, the university entered the public phase of For Humanity, the Yale Campaign, a university-wide fundraising initiative that aims to address the most critical challenges facing our world. As a member of the Alumni Fund team, the Assistant Director will actively participate in campaign efforts.
- Develops revenue and donor goals; develops and implements effective fundraising programs for each assigned class or constituency, including external personal visits, personalized written campaigns, phonathons, social media, direct mail, and email.
- Recruits, trains, and manages a substantial group of alumni volunteers; creates communications to large number of volunteers; supervises mass mailings to volunteers; informs volunteers of updated information and deadlines; evaluates individual donor and volunteer needs and provides other personal support. Has the authority to represent the University to alumni donors and volunteers.
- Advises, educates, and solicits potential alumni donors through external face-to-face meetings, phone contacts, and written communications.
- Monitors, on a weekly basis, annual giving solicitation strategies as well as participation and dollar goals for all supported classes. Identifies opportunities/needs to adjust strategies in order to reach fund raising goals. Implements new and modified strategies as needed.
- Continually reviews alumni donor profiles to identify potential top annual donors and determines individual solicitation strategies.
- Develops, fosters and maintains positive alumni relations to keep alumni engaged and disposed to give back to the University.
- Coordinates special annual programs with a targeted focus.
- Plans and attends meetings and events on and off campus.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and two years of direct fundraising, marketing, communications or volunteer management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills, including attention to detail. Ability to handle diverse, simultaneous tasks and attend to follow-through.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Highly motivated and energetic, ability to show initiative and work independently.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Outgoing personality and ability to initiate and enjoy direct communication with alumni; customer-service orientation. Professionalism, maturity, and an ability to maintain confidentiality.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Demonstrated knowledge of Word and Excel and the willingness to learn new online tools and database programs as needed.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Commitment to an inclusive workplace. Ability to engage with diverse audiences (age, gender, nationality, race/ethnicity, profession, sexual orientation, etc.)
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Familiarity with fundraising/marketing databases.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.
- Next s