Senior Associate Director of Advancement, Olin Business School
Washington University in St. LouisSt. Louis, MO
The Olin Advancement team strives to advance the mission of Olin Business School by creating a culture of philanthropy among alumni, students, faculty, parents, and friends. The Senior Associate Director will develop strategies to increase philanthropic support and manage a portfolio of leadership gift, major gift, and planned giving prospects.
The Senior Associate Director Advancement reports to the Director of Advancement.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and manage a portfolio of leadership gift, major gift, and planned giving prospects. Develop and execute thoughtful, innovative, and individualized strategies for cultivating and soliciting high priority donors and prospects. Meet all development goals jointly set with the Director of Advancement. Metrics will focus on meaningful contacts, qualifications, solicitations, dollars solicited, dollars raised, and number of gifts closed. Development work will focus on alumni, parents, friends, faculty, staff, corporations, and foundations. Engage prospects in both the St. Louis region and key cities across the United States. Assist the Executive Director and Director with the scheduling, briefing, and staffing of travel by the dean and administrators who travel on behalf of Advancement.
- Lead special fundraising initiatives that advance Olin funding priorities. Examples could be entrepreneurship, international alumni, global scholars program, healthcare, women’s initiatives, and more.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the internal constituents across Advancement and Olin Business School. Develop a broad comprehension of Olin’s history, mission, strategic plan, faculty, degree programs, curriculum, and research centers.
- Undertake special projects and assignments to advance the mission of Washington University.
- Master’s degree.
- Fundraising experience with proven track record of annual, major, and planned gift solicitations.
- Development experience in a complex university environment.
- Familiarity and interest in business.
- Experience in planning and executing meetings and events.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, be creative, and effectively plan and implement high quality programs.
- Honesty, integrity, and enthusiasm.
- Strong work ethic supported by commitment and follow through.
- Demonstrated passion for developing relationships with prospects.
- Ability to articulate the mission and aspirations of Washington University and Olin Business School.
- Capacity to listen carefully, learn quickly, and work effectively.
- Ability to work within a complex organization across multiple units dealing with diverse constituents toward development objectives.
- Sound judgment and the ability to make independent decisions while working collaboratively through a team approach.
- Comfort working in an environment that emphasizes measurable fundraising goals.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years of related experience.
$73,700.00 – $125,900.00 / Annually
To apply for this job please visit wustl.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.
- Next s