Assistant Director of Annual Giving, Student Call Center
Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni AssociationMadison, WI
WFAA requires all individuals working out of WFAA offices or conducting in-person business to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. WFAA will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA) is looking for innovator that’s energetic about data, passionate about leading college students, and ready to transform a phonathon into a student-centered, digital philanthropy and engagement center for UW-Madison.
As a coach, mentor, leader, and strategist, the Assistant Director of Annual Giving Student Call Center will leverage modern marketing tools and a team of wonderful students to help cultivate, engagement, solicit, and steward alumni and friends of UW-Madison. A successful candidate is a thought leader consumed with finding ways to provide an elevated student, alumni, and donor experience
Who is WFAA?
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is a private, nonprofit corporation that encourages individuals and organizations to make gifts to the university and to connect with the UW. In 2014, the UW Foundation merged with the Wisconsin Alumni Association® to better serve a growing population of UW alumni and donors. We believe that private support grows out of good relationships between campus leaders, faculty and program staff who need support, and the alumni and friends who want to invest in UW–Madison. We provide important engagement opportunities to link UW–Madison alumni to each other and to their alma mater, building a strong community of Badgers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Just as the university community benefits from differing viewpoints, perspectives, and experiences, inclusion and diversity are imperative for the success of our mission. WFAA values people and the differences that they bring to the organization, and creates an environment in which all staff members and constituents feel respected and have opportunities to thrive.
- Engagement and Philanthropy Center Execution
- Facilitates the transformation of a phone-only call center into a digital-first philanthropy and engagement center.
- Leads the strategic direction for shifts.
- Execute strategy for cultivation, acquisition, renewal, upgrade, acquisition, renewal, upgrade and stewardship efforts to meet annual goals.
- Drives strategy for integrating student fundraisers into broader WFAA efforts.
- Communicates effectively internally and externally through managing correspondence, questions, and partnerships.
- Manages difficult situations independently and efficiently.
- Analytics, Reporting and Insights
- Produces reporting and key performance metrics to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identifies and promotes opportunities to enhance alumni and donor experiences.
- Monitors, evaluates, benchmarks, and reports on key performance indicators and reports performance.
- Provides insights on campaign results and recommends improvement opportunities.
- Analyzes daily, weekly and quarterly statistics to offer insight on statistical trends.
- Recruitment and Supervision of Badger Call Employees
- Recruits, screens, interviews and hires qualified applicants for student fundraisers.
- Provides mentorship and develops student fundraisers into future philanthropic leaders
- Coaches efficiency and maximizing returns in all operations.
- Provides quality control related to technique, performance, attendance, etc., including addressing issues and concerns.
- Conducts performance reviews and recommends advancement opportunities.
- Boosts morale and creates motivational plans for staff to increase retention and enhance channel performance.
- 1 + year experience leading / supervising a team
- Experience and ability to navigate and communicate complex data, segmentation plans, and calling pools in simple terms
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience supporting college students
- Call center experience scores bonus points
- Development / Fundraising experience
- Experience working in higher education
- Curiosity for discovering passions that motivate people
- A creative mind for strategic marketing to individuals and masses
- Enthusiasm to ask for philanthropic support of UW-Madison
- A willingness to transform call centers
WFAA is committed to provide our employees with an environment that is inspiring, creative and respectful. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits program, which includes a 10% 401k contribution after 1 year of service!
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer *The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (uwalumni.com). Its legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.
To apply for this job please visit careers-supportuw.icims.com.
- Next s