Senior Director of Development
William & Mary's Raymond A. Mason School of BusinessWilliamsburg, VA
The Raymond A. Mason School of Business at William & Mary is seeking a motivated Senior Associate Director of Donor Relations and Special Events to join the Advancement and Development Team. The Senior Associate Director of Donor Relations and Special Events will utilize a data-driven decision-making process to advance the mission and goals of the Mason School of Business by coordinating, creating, managing, and executing cultivation, stewardship, and donor relations events and communications. This position is going to steward, and thus, interact significantly, with the school’s largest benefactors.
Core responsibilities include:
- Provides leadership, initiative, and innovation to develop, manage, implement, execute, and evaluate all stewardship and events programs, processes, and systems for the Mason School of Business.
- Develops and oversees strategies to recognize cultivate, and steward leadership donors to the Mason School of Business.
- Reporting & analysis to assess current and additional stewardship programs and tailor stewardship and event efforts.
- Oversee coordination of strategic events involving prospects and donors and acknowledgment of gifts, recognition of major gifts, and campaign gifts.
Qualified applicants will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree with significant and progressively responsible professional experience and specialized expertise.
- Significant years of experience in non-profit fundraising, donor relations, and event planning.
- Familiarity with a donor/alumni database and a thorough understanding of setting up processes and systems.
- Portfolio management experience that includes a variety of stewardship and donor relations pieces, including plans and strategies.
- Demonstrated successful management of events, programs, and resources.
- Strong planning and project management skills with the ability to identify short and long-range goals of Mason Development and Alumni Relations and contribute to effective and measurable execution of outcomes.
- Strong computer proficiency in a variety of software applications including MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data and produce reports to create and track metrics to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Demonstrates a high level of creativity, with the ability to create and oversee event experiences that engage, cultivate, and educate.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with a diverse audience.
- Possession of diplomacy and tact when working with individuals on and off campus, and responding to donors.
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple assignments with competing deadlines and manage a team that works in concert to produce high-quality programs.
- Demonstrates a wide degree of flexibility, with the ability to adapt to changes and/or upgrades in-office procedures and systems.
Highly qualified applicants will also have the following preferred qualifications:
- Master’s degree and experience in higher education.
- Specific software skills such as familiarity with content management systems, project management methodologies, event management, and knowledge of alumni, advancement, and student information systems.
- A portfolio that includes a variety of stewardship and donor relations pieces, including plans and strategies.
- An in-depth understanding of best practices in stewardship and donor relations including analysis, assessment, and evaluation.
- Working knowledge of Advance donor software is preferred.
Salary and Benefits
The opportunity offers a salary up to $80,000 commensurate with experience and equity.
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php.
How to Apply
For consideration applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, references, and complete a state application by visiting https://jobs.wm.edu/postings/54579.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.wm.edu.