Digital Gift Officer
Western Michigan UniversityKalamazoo, MI
The Digital Gift Officer develops an effective multi-channel concierge-like outreach to university alumni and community supporters that will generate significant relationships resulting in increased alumni engagement and participation in giving. Participates as an active member of the Leadership Gifts team, growing revenue and donor numbers through solicitations, volunteer engagement, and targeted campaigns. Frontline fundraisers are required to thoughtfully qualify, cultivate relationships, produce revenue, and steward donors. Frequent outreach and donor meetings to increase revenue for educational program funds and scholarships are required. The ability to work with diverse groups of alumni, donors, and teammates is desired. This position is crucial to advancing Western Michigan University’s robust pipeline for our Major Gifts Team and beyond.
Entry-level fundraisers passionate about growing gifts at the leadership (mid-level) donors and beyond are encouraged to apply. Workplace culture fosters an opportunity for internal advancement.
- Works with the Director of Leadership Gifts using provided resources, segmentation, and multi-channel outreach, develops, manages, executes, tests, and measures campaigns, that increase donor participation and annual donations.
- Works to ensure successful promotion and engagement of campaigns on social media. In conjunction with colleagues, writes, and edits content for social and email communications that align with the department and university messaging, goals, and strategies.
- Determines and targets display advertising, and retargeting, using mobile geo-location to amplify and boost communication and messages to alumni.
- Builds relationships with donors and assists in coordinating strategies for the involvement of institutional partners.
- Identifies and qualifies donors to be moved along the major gift pipeline.
- Attains virtual visits via video conference or phone. May make in-person visits approved by the director.
- Promotes the annual fund to internal and external constituents.
- Applies industry best practices to maintain an awareness of successful initiatives utilized at peer institutions and make recommendations to grow the University’s digital fundraising program.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution.
- One year’s relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in relationship building, cold calling, fundraising or sales.
- Ability to articulate the importance of higher education, and the critical role and priorities of the University.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks to meet deadlines and goals.
- Strong self-motivation.
- Ability to work well as a contributing team member within a complex organization requiring collaboration, teamwork, and communication.
- Experience using relational databases.
- Experience using office software applications.
The position is salaried: $48,000 – $55,000. Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience, combined with an excellent benefits package. WMU provides retirement benefits matching up to 11%.
To apply for this job please visit www.wmujobs.org.