Assistant Director of Leadership Gifts – WMed
Western Michigan UniversityKalamazoo, MI
The Assistant Director of Leadership Gifts will identify and promote relationships with leadership gift donors with an emphasis on emerging gifts.
- Develops and promotes relationship strategies for leadership and major gift prospects in assigned portfolio.
- Assists in identifying potential leadership and major gift prospects, including determining the interest and affiliation with the University.
- Builds relationships with donors and assists in coordinating strategies and personal visits for the involvement of institutional partners.
- Assists in writing leadership and major gift proposals and agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited institution.
- One year’s relevant experience.
- Ability to motivate volunteers and donors.
- Embraces the concept and attitude of teamwork in a complex organization.
- Demonstrated written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to articulate the importance of higher education, and understand and articulate the critical role and priorities of the University and the development program.
- Strong self-motivation.
- Proven ability to work well as a contributing team member within a complex organization requiring collaboration, teamwork and communication.
- Demonstrated experience using relational databases. Experience with office software applications.
- Ability to work irregular shifts and extended hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Basic understanding of the concepts and principles of fundraising.
- Successful track record in gift fundraising, equivalent sales experience or experience in cold-calling.
To apply for this job please visit www.wmujobs.org.