Assistant Director Annual Giving-Student Fundraising
Western Michigan UniversityKalamazoo, MI
Creates and executes strategies to increase alumni participation and philanthropic support via the WMU Alumni Association Call Center through effective student fundraiser development, content creation, segmentation, digital strategies, and measurement in support of Western Michigan University.
- Leads the call center on behalf of University Advancement, including communication with deans and university partners, content creation, segmentation, and communication strategies. Provides direction for workflow and problem solving and ensures attainment of production goals. Formulates and implements procedures for hiring, training, motivating and incentivizing student fundraisers. Directly supervises students, ensures implementation and maintenance of student staffing policies and makes budget recommendations.
- Plans and executes campaign creation for targeted segments.
- Develops and maintains effective measurement strategies and tools to analyze the effectiveness of segmentation and communication strategies by monitoring and analyzing results, evaluating call sessions and preparing reports for and making recommendations to leadership staff.
- Coordinates with Advancement Services in utilizing a customer relationship management system to effectively build and segment calling lists, assign prospects, write reports, track campaigns and working with vendors on software implementations, troubleshooting problems, and maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years’ relevant experience.
- Supervisory or lead experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical and computer skills.
- Ability to work irregular shifts and extended hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Fundraising experience in higher education.
- Experience with telemarketing software.
Additional Position Information:
Terminal appointment ends two years from date of hire, with possibility for renewal.
Hours are 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
To apply for this job please visit www.wmujobs.org.