Senior Associate Director, The Wellesley Fund
Wellesley CollegeWellesley, MA
The Senior Associate Director is a member of the team responsible for reaching The Wellesley Fund annual revenue goals. The Wellesley Fund provides immediate impact, current use funds which are a critical component of the College’s economic model. The Senior Associate Director manages the volunteer chair of the Durant Society, which recognizes the College’s annual leadership donors of $2,500 or more. S/he cultivates, stewards, and solicits alumnae for Durant Society level gifts to The Wellesley Fund. And s/he collaborates across the division to develop and implement strategies for increasing Wellesley Fund gifts of $2,500 or more. The Senior Associate Director manages a portfolio of prospects and works closely with key Wellesley Fund volunteers. The Senior Associate Director partners with the Senior Director of Annual Giving Programs in the development and implementation of immediate impact giving acquisition, retention and renewal strategies with a dual goal of increasing the number of donors and dollars raised. S/he also plans, implements and manages the fundraising efforts for assigned classes. S/he supervises two full-time Assistant Directors of the Wellesley Fund.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Recruits, trains and collaborates with Wellesley Fund class representatives and the Durant Society chair to be successful in their efforts on behalf of the College.
- Manages a portfolio of donors and prospective donors.
- Cultivates, stewards, and solicits alumnae and families via phone and in person.
- Presents the College’s financial needs and funding goals articulately, persuasively and with confidence.
- Supervises two Assistant Directors of The Wellesley Fund.
- Participates in key events at which alumnae are present such as Durant Society events, volunteer orientation workshops, commencement, and reunion weekend.
- Two Assistant Directors of the Wellesley Fund
- B.A/B.S. degree, valid driver’s license
- 5 – 7 years of fundraising experience and volunteer management, including successful annual giving solicitations, ideally within an academic setting.
- 2-3 years of managerial experience.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work competently and efficiently in a multi-task environment.
- Proven track record of success as a fundraiser
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze annual giving data to inform strategy.
- Good judgment and the ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with discretion.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Wellesley College.
- Familiarity with standard fundraising technology, and a high comfort level using technology to communicate and share information.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Wellesley College is currently piloting a flexwork plan for administrative staff that incorporates both flexible hours and hybrid teleworking components, though all employees must live in New England.
- All employees hired after August 2, 2021 are required to upload proof of vaccination against COVID-19, subject to approved medical or religious exemptions or disability accommodations.
To apply for this job please visit wd1.myworkdaysite.com.
- Next s