Senior Associate Director of Advancement (Annual Fund), School of Law
Washington University in St. LouisSt. Louis, MO
Under guidance and direction from their school director, the Senior Associate Director for Law Advancement is responsible for a portfolio of donors and cultivation, and solicitation at a variety of levels to include Leadership Annual Giving, and Major Gifts. They will solicit annual gifts of $1,000 to $24,999, leadership annual gifts of $25,000 to $99,999, and major gifts and make 150+ solicitations in their first year.
The incumbent will also work closely with their school director to set and implement strategy and process to meet Law Annual Fund goals overall, and manage the Law Eliot Society membership committee and Law Eliot Deputy Committee, working with the Law Eliot Chair, update prospect lists, track benchmarking statistics, and develop, implement and monitor projected solicitations and results. This will include creating reports, monitoring progress, and motivating volunteers.
The Senior Associate Director will manage and mentor the Law Advancement Assistant Director and represent the School of Law in various key markets nationally, working in collaboration with AGP, regional directors and other colleagues. They will routinely interface with prominent Eliot Society donors and prospects, requiring strong communications skills and high quality follow up, and will have accountability for Annual Fund outcomes.
This position requires the ability to move to on and off-campus locations and travel up to 25% of the time.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a donor portfolio and prospecting plan. Travel in select, key School of Law markets to cultivate, and solicit select School of Law donors and prospects, maximizing synergy through collaboration with other A&D staff members who work those same regions and complete 180+ meaningful contacts per year and 150+ solicitations. Cultivate and steward prospects to give generously, developing Annual Fund donors into Leadership Annual Giving and Major Gift donors, collaborating with other UA staff as appropriate.
- Lead, in conjunction with school director, the development and implementation of the overall Annual Fund strategy for Law Advancement. This includes partnerships with UA fundraisers in AGP and Regional programs, Law Alumni Relations, and across the organization, oversight of the Law Eliot Society strategy and program, documentation of all new scholarship gifts and commitments and scholarship module updates; create and manage the Law reunion giving strategy and program, and the implementation of direct mail communications, challenges and strategies, ensuring objectives of Law Annual Giving program are met.
- Inspire volunteers and UA colleagues, and effectively facilitate their abilities to significantly contribute to UA Law Advancement annual fund goals. Ensure events have a fundraising objective and that opportunities are maximized.
- Manage Assistant Director, mentor and engage to maximize effectiveness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or other post baccalaureate education.
- Fundraising experience with a track record of successful solicitations or related experience.
- Experience with major gift, planned giving, annual fund, and/or capital campaign experience with a track record of successful solicitations.
- Development experience in a complex university environment.
- Prior management experience.
- Proven ability to work independently, implement strategy and monitor for results, accept and productively utilize constructive feedback, effectively manage volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, implement and manage products.
- Strong work ethic, determination, energy and detail oriented.
- Diligence and strong organizational skills to plan wisely and record action and results.
- Proven collaborative skills and a demonstrated willingness to invest time, effort, and intelligence in building and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with colleagues.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of related experience.
$70,300.00 – $120,000.00 / Annually
- Up to 22 days of vacation, 10 recognized holidays, and sick time.
- Competitive health insurance packages with priority appointments and lower copays/coinsurance.
- Want to Live Near Your Work and/or improve your commute? Take advantage of our free Metro transit U-Pass for eligible employees. We also offer a forgivable home loan of up to $12,500 for closing costs and a down payment for homes in eligible neighborhoods.
- WashU provides eligible employees with a defined contribution (403(b)) Retirement Savings Plan, which combines employee contributions and university contributions starting at 7%.
Wellness challenges, annual health screenings, mental health resources, mindfulness programs and courses, employee assistance program (EAP), financial resources, access to dietitians, and more!
- We offer 4 weeks of caregiver leave to bond with your new child. Family care resources are also available for your continued childcare needs. Need adult care? We’ve got you covered.
- WashU covers the cost of tuition for you and your family, including dependent undergraduate-level college tuition up to 100% at WashU and 40% elsewhere after seven years with us.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It is the University’s policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit wustl.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.