Director, Volunteer Engagement
Washington University in St. LouisSt. Louis, MO
The Director, Volunteer Engagement reports to the Executive Director of Development and leads the volunteer engagement strategy including but not limited to undergraduate reunion giving programs and Eliot Society volunteers. The Director, Volunteer Engagement manages all aspects of personal solicitation, volunteer recruitment, prospect cultivation, and donor stewardship for the annual giving volunteers. This position will lead the strategy and engagement for developing a robust volunteer network.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the strategic development of the WashU peer to peer volunteer network and volunteer succession planning. This includes developing short and long-range plans for conducting a successful volunteer-based giving program.
- Personal solicitation of annual and major gifts from reunion celebrants and volunteer leaders with an individual goal of 50 personal cultivation/solicitation visits annually.
- Manage the Reunion Class Gift Program staff that includes Associate Director, Assistant Director, Coordinator and Administrative Assistant.
- Recruitment and management of high-level volunteers who serve as peer-to-peer solicitation volunteers and who solicit leadership gifts.
- Meet on an ongoing basis across departments to coordinate programs, invite volunteers when appropriate to WashU events and steward donors with other gift officers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate degree.
- Experience in a complex university environment.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with reunion giving or class agent-based fundraising model.
- Upper-level annual and major gift fundraising experience preferred with proven track record of personal solicitation of major, six-figure to seven-figure gifts and annual gifts of $1,000-$25,000+.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically, plan and implement effectively.
- Demonstrated interest in meeting people; strong desire to initiate contact with and develop relationships with prospects and donors.
- Demonstrated success as a collaborative team member able to work effectively within a complex organization across multiple units dealing with diverse constituents.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent program management skills and ability to handle multiple projects effectively; a highly organized work style is essential.
- Attention to detail, highly-motivated, organized and energetic.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years of related experience
$70,300.00 – $120,000.00 / Annually
The salary range reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade across the University. Individual rates within the range will be determined by factors including one’s qualifications and performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for positions within the same grade and department budget.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees. Benefits eligibility is subject to employment status, full-time equivalent (FTE) workload, and weekly standard hours. Please visit our website at https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/ to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It is the University’s policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit wustl.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.