Digital Fundraising Strategist
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State UniversityBlacksburg, VA
The Digital Fundraising Strategist is a member of the Annual Giving team and assists in the planning and implementation for Giving Day, crowdfunding, SMS, micro-campaigns, student organization fundraising, or other personal digital outreach to achieve donor growth goals. As a member of the Annual Giving team, this role has high visibility with Virginia Tech Giving Day and collaborates with teammates and cross-functional colleagues to carry out the designated duties and responsibilities for the university’s annual giving program focusing on long-term, multi-year objectives for growing revenue and participation of alumni donors.
The Digital Fundraising Strategist a strong, individual contributor who works collaboratively to determine strategy in order to deliver on project and annual fundraising goals. This role assists with setting strategy for all special digital campaigns and solicitations to successfully retain, reactivate, and acquire new alumni donors.
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, communications, business, marketing or comparable field.
- Progressive experience in fundraising, nonprofits, or marketing.
- Understanding of digital fundraising technologies and best practices.
- Experience simultaneously executing multiple deliverables with differing timelines.
- Quantitative and analytical skills to quickly and accurately evaluate digital fundraising campaign effectiveness.
- Experience with ScaleFunder or other giving day or crowdfunding platforms.
- Knowledge of CRM solutions such as Blackbaud CRM.
- Familiarity of digital marketing, email, SMS, social media/digital advertisement or other emerging fundraising practices.
- Experience facilitating projects from ideation to implementation to analysis.
- Professional written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Experience working both independently and effectively across teams to achieve a common goal.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications including Excel and Teams.
- Strong organizational and time management skills while working in a fast-paced, rapid-change environment.
- Detail-oriented with knowledge of project management fundamentals.
Salary Information: Commensurate with Experience
Review Date: July 8, 2021
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pageuppeople.com.
- Next s