Assistant/Associate Director of Marketing for Social Media
University of Vermont FoundationBurlington, VT
If you are a passionate professional looking for purpose-driven work, we’d love to hear from you. We are looking for candidates who share our commitment to changing lives and improving the world through our work, no matter what role you play on our team.
Does that describe you? Keep reading!
The UVM Foundation is dedicated to improving our organization and the University, in part by better reflecting the alumni and students we serve. We are committed to diversity and to building an environment that values and supports equity, and inclusiveness for people of all backgrounds and ages, and we’re taking active steps to meet this commitment.
We encourage applications from qualified individuals with a demonstrated commitment to these ideals and especially invite members of historically underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities, who will help the Foundation support UVM’s commitment to the global community.
- Leverage social media platforms to create content for multi-channel marketing and stewardship communications in order to fundraise, build the donor pipeline, and engage with our alumni and donors.
- Discover stories about: (1) the impact of philanthropy on students, faculty, and staff (2) alumni who have made an impact on the university or on the world; (4) donors who have made an impact on the university through their giving, and (5) any other topics that will help engage our alumni and donors.
- Partner with Foundation colleagues and campus partners to deliver content through targeted communications that help to further our relationship with alumni and donors.
- Develop specific content and engagement strategies for each platform, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and UVM Connect (our career networking platform for alumni, parents, and students).
- Utilize effective marketing strategies, like (1) paid/boosted ads, (2) search engine optimization (SEO), (3) Google ads, and (4) inbound marketing to reach specific goals.
- Conduct market research to determine which social media platforms are most popular with our audiences. Determine return on investment for various platforms and plan work accordingly.
- Serve as primary administrator of UVM Foundation and Alumni Association social media accounts.
- Maintain and enhance the UVM Foundation and Alumni Association’s web presence including content, structure, navigation, functionality, and search engine optimization (SEO).
- Manage the utilization of digital engagement technology software, currently including iModules/Anthology, Graduway (UVM Connect) and Foleon.
- Experience managing social media platforms.
- Experience creating content for social media platforms, including text, graphic design, photography, and video.
- Experience creating and maintaining website content; familiarity with HTML and CSS coding.
- Experience with a variety of software platforms (we currently use Hootsuite, iModules/Anthology, Canva, Foleon, and the Adobe Creative Suite).
- Excellent writing abilities across a range of styles; strong editorial, copyediting, and reviewing abilities.
- Attentiveness to style, tone, nuance; ability to adapt writing to a variety of voices.
- Self-starter with the ability and desire to achieve a high level of productivity and success and to consistently seek new opportunities to learn and grow.
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion, combined with the ability to meaningfully apply those principles to strategy development and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of professional writing, communications, or marketing experience, or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skill, and abilities have been developed.
To apply for this job please visit www.uvmfoundation.org.