Director of Medical Annual Giving
University of Southern California Keck School of MedicineLos Angeles, CA
Keck Medicine of USC Advancement is seeking a Director of Medical Annual Giving to support Annual Giving fundraising for the Keck School of Medicine of USC, Keck Medical Center, Verdugo Hills Hospital, and the Norris Cancer Center. The Director will report to the Senior Director of Medical Annual Giving and is responsible for developing and implementing direct marketing and fundraising strategies for patient and alumni constituencies—with the ultimate goal of growing the philanthropic base of support and bolster the pipeline for increased giving to the medical system and school. This role is an exciting opportunity to build experience in developing fundraising techniques deployed through direct mail, print, and other mass appeal and communications tools as needed, with a focus on prompting and facilitating charitable giving, as well as increasing awareness and engagement among Keck Medicine’s various stakeholders. This is a unique opportunity to join the dynamic and mission-driven Keck School of Medicine and the Office of Medical Annual giving as they embark on a three-billion-dollar comprehensive fundraising campaign transforming how we provide healthcare and support the healthcare workers of the future.
Essential job duties include, but are not limited to:
- In partnership with the Director of Digital Annual Giving and Director of Leadership Annual Giving, contribute to a comprehensive marketing and solicitation plan that integrates strategic data segmentation, timely and effective messaging, and deployment across multiple platforms.
- Manage multiple solicitations from inception to completion. This includes writing content, working with designers and project partners, and managing multiple stakeholders. Pieces produced will include letter appeals, postcards, newsletters, impact reports, and other printed materials.
- Work collaboratively with various stakeholders (colleagues, doctors, researchers, volunteer leaders, independent consultants, etc.) to craft language and content that expresses Keck Medicine’s mission through creative, compelling, and informative messaging designed to elicit direct response, whether in the form of giving, registration, or other feedback as needed.
- Strategize, document and plan comprehensive direct mail campaigns; integrating and leveraging innovations and news across Keck Medicine of USC.
- Ensure all materials conform to Keck Medicine of USC’s standards and practices for visual identity, content, and health care compliance. Materials must also adhere to established standards and agreed-upon calendars, deadlines, and Office of Medical Annual Giving fiscal year budgeting.
- Analyze donor data for accuracy and integrity in order to ensure the timely acquisition, retention, reactivation, and upgrading of donors. Ensure that all processes and practices adhere to donor and data integrity policies and protocols.
- Identify ways to leverage analytic data to segment appeals for more personal messaging in solicitations and communications.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis, including year-to-date comparisons while tracking progress to goal. Analyze and report results on a weekly, monthly, and mid-fiscal year basis; recommend adjustments to plans as needed.
- Build Keck Medicine-specific direct mail fundraising programs for annualized campaigns like GivingTuesday, Calendar Year-End, Honor Your Health Care Hero (Doctor’s Day and Nurses Week), and Day of SCupport (USC’s annual day of giving) in partnership with colleagues/offices across the university. Leverage past performance to set goals that reflect momentum and the growth of our evolving direct mail fundraising program.
- Manage vendor relationships, including print house, mail house, and designers, to ensure quality and accuracy of direct mail pieces, as well as identifying the most cost-effective strategies.
- Supervise, mentor, and manage the Associate Director of Medical Annual Giving.
- Respond to inquiries from donors, constituents, colleagues, parents, and friends about giving opportunities to Keck Medicine of USC and Keck School of Medicine of USC.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of related experience. Relevant education or related experience as substitute. Experience in a complex medical or academic development setting encouraged.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience using large data sets to inform marketing and fundraising strategy.
- Exemplary project management and organization skills.
- Sound judgement and decision-making.
- A cooperative and team-oriented attitude.
- Diplomacy: ability to cultivate and maintain relationships.
- Experience working with and soliciting donors.
- Experience deploying creative content through print production, online, audio/visual tools, and email marketing tools.
- Familiarity with current industry-standard design and production software, including Adobe Creative Suite or other publishing systems.
Follows established USC and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan.
Displays a high level of integrity and is able to maintain confidentiality.
USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff & their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after twelve (12) months of employment; tuition benefits for staff & their family; free online professional development classes; discounts to football, basketball & other campus events.
Manages the day-to-day operations of the design and implementation of an organization’s fundraising program. Supervises the design and implementation of annual solicitations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, or combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education.
Minimum Experience: 7 years, or combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience.
Minimum Field of Expertise: Experience in development, maintaining meaningful relationships with a wide variety of internal/external stakeholders. Ability to self-manage, prioritize work assignments and manage multiple deadlines. Experience maintaining and interpreting large datasets and database systems. Excellent planning, organizational and interpersonal skills. Detail oriented with excellent written and oral communication skill. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at [email protected]. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
To apply for this job please visit 188.8.131.52.
- Next s