Associate Director of Medical Annual Giving
University of Southern CaliforniaLos Angeles, CA
USC Health Sciences Advancement is seeking an Associate Director of Medical Annual Giving. The Associate Director will report to the Director of Medical Annual Giving and is responsible for developing and implementing direct marketing and fundraising strategies for patient and alumni constituencies—with the ultimate goal in growing the philanthropic base of support for the medical system and school. The Associate Director develops solicitations deployed through email, websites, social media, e-philanthropy, peer-to-peer, volunteer tools and other mass communications tools as needed, with the expressed goal of prompting and facilitating charitable giving, as well as increasing awareness and engagement among Keck Medicine’s various stakeholders.
Essential job duties include, but are not limited to:
- In partnership with the Director of Medical Annual Giving, contribute to a comprehensive marketing and solicitation plan that integrates strategic data segmentation, timely and effective messaging and deployment across multiple platforms.
- Manage multiple solicitations from inception to completion. This includes writing content, working with designers and project partners and managing multiple stakeholders. Pieces produced will include email, video, direct mail, phone and other channels.
- Work collaboratively with various stakeholders (colleagues, doctors, researchers, volunteer leaders, independent consultants, etc.) to craft language and content that expresses Keck Medicine’s mission through creative, compelling and informative messaging designed to elicit direct response, whether in the form of giving, registration or other feedback as needed.
- Ensure all materials conform to Keck Medicine of USC’s standards and practices for visual identity, content and health care compliance. Materials must also adhere to established standards and agreed upon calendars, deadlines and Office of Medical Annual Giving fiscal year budgeting.
- Analyze donor data for accuracy and integrity in order to ensure the timely acquisition, retention, reactivation and upgrading of donors. Ensure that all processes and practices adhere to donor and data integrity policies and protocols.
- Identify ways to leverage analytic data to segment appeals for more personal messaging in solicitations and communications.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis, including year-to-date comparisons while tracking progress to goal. Analyze and report results on a weekly, monthly, and mid-fiscal year basis; recommend adjustments to plans as needed.
- As needed, respond to inquiries from donors, constituents, colleagues, parents and friends about giving opportunities to Keck Medicine of USC and Keck School of Medicine of USC.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At least 3 years of related experience. Relevant education or related experience as substitute. Experience in a complex medical or academic development setting encouraged.
Excellent written and verbal skills.
Experience using large data sets to inform marketing and fundraising strategy.
Exemplary project management and organization skills.
Sound judgement and decision making.
A cooperative and team-oriented attitude.
Diplomacy: ability to cultivate and maintain relationships.
Experience working with donors.
Experience deploying creative content through online, audio/visual tools, print production, email marketing tools.
Familiarity with current industry-standard design and production software, including Adobe Creative Suite or other publishing systems, email marketing tools, website content management systems.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- Minimum Experience: 3 years
- Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related professional experience in area of program specialization.
Follows established USC and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff & their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six (6) months of employment; tuition benefits for staff & their family; free online professional development classes; discounts to football, basketball & other campus events.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at [email protected]. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
To apply for this job please visit usc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.
- Next s