Assistant Director of Development
University of Southern CaliforniaLos Angeles, CA
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving will be dedicated to supporting a comprehensive fundraising program for Dornsife Advancement. Reporting to the Director of the Annual Fund, the incumbent will work with advancement staff across the university in annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, corporate and foundation relations, reunion programs as well as gift processing and stewardship. The Assistant Director will maintain a portfolio of annual leadership level prospects (giving capacity of $1,000+), assist with the development, coordination and execution of direct mail, e-solicitation and giving day campaigns across USC Dornsife as well as provide support for revenue generating strategic activities facilitated by Dornsife Annual Giving on behalf of affiliated departments, centers and institutes.
The successful candidate will be an analytical thinker who possesses exceptional communication, writing and organization skills, an acute attention to detail, a talent for crafting creative, poignant and impactful messages as well as demonstrated success in project management, execution and timely delivery for multiple projects at a given time while working in a high volume, performance based environment.
- Provide fundraising services for USC Dornsife and other affiliated academic units, centers and institutes.
- Help plan, organize and coordinate assigned fundraising programs and projects.
- Expand the base of annual donors.
- Identify, engage and cultivate prospective donors.
- Solicit, secure and steward gifts of $1,000 or more.
- Generate revenue for college funding needs and priorities
- Develop content, messaging, and branding that aligns with campaign themes as well as strategic goals and priorities.
- Draft informational, marketing, fundraising collateral and mass solicitations.
- Conduct campaign performance and market analysis, assessment and
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with current and prospective donors, academic departments, staff, faculty, college institutes and centers, university partners and volunteers.
- Establish and maintain donor records and accounts.
- May plan, organize and coordinate special events and activities.
- Attends professional meetings and seminars to enhance professional competence.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Resume and cover letter required (may be uploaded as one file). Please do not submit your application without these documents.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of (5) five business days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
- USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans with employer contributions after six months of employment; tuition benefits for staff and their family; free Professional Development classes; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree
Additional Education Requirements Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 1 year Minimum
Skills: Volunteer or support group administrative or management experience
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred Experience: 2 years
Preferred Skills: Marketing or non-profit management experience
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity.
To apply for this job please visit usccareers.usc.edu.