Associate Director of Leadership Annual Giving
University of Maryland, Baltimore CountyBaltimore, MD
Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Annual Giving, the Associate Director of Leadership Annual Giving will implement strategies designed to meet donor participation and revenue goals. As a primary responsibility, the Associate Director will oversee the development and execution of a multi-channel solicitation plan for donors and prospects at leadership annual giving levels of $1,000 or more. The Associate Director will help align how the annual giving office engages donors with their passions through video, phone, social media and digital connections. This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Qualifies, cultivates and solicits alumni, parents and friends capable of making annual gifts of $1,000 or more, with primary emphasis on retaining and increasing giving from existing donors
- Meet outreach targets of 8-10 contacts per day through phone calls, written communications (i.e., emails and letters) and video communications (i.e., ThankView and Webex) to continually qualify new donors and cultivate, solicit and steward existing donors
- Supervise, encourage and develop the performance of Assistant Directors to grow leadership gift fundraising efforts with creativity, professionalism, sustainability and effective teamwork
- Develop strategies for mass solicitation of Hilltop Society prospects through direct mail and email in collaboration with the Alumni and Development Communications and Marketing team
- Work in partnership with the annual giving team to manage special projects, including Giving Days, Donor Appreciation Receptions and other fundraising initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years of experience in advancement (e.g., annual giving, major gifts, donor relations, alumni relations or stewardship), sales, marketing, customer service or a related field
- Five or more years of experience in fundraising, including experience in higher education and supervising staff
For best consideration, please upload a cover letter and a resume by February 2, 2024.
To apply for this job please visit listings.umbc.edu.