Assistant Manager, Engagement Center
University of Illinois FoundationUrbana, IL
The Engagement Center Assistant Manager assists with operating the UIC Alumni & Friends Outreach Center (UIC Engagement Center) located in Chicago, Illinois under the direction of the Manager of Engagement Programs at University of Illinois Foundation (UIF) and in collaboration with the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Advancement at UIC. Students are recruited, trained, and supervised by this role, which also is directly involved in outreach to and solicitation of prospective contributors. This Chicago-based position will assist with increasing annual giving support and providing meaningful engagement with UIC alumni and donors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with supervision of UIC engagement center activity and day-to-day logistics of the engagement center. Evening work is required regularly, weekend and special outreach work are required as needed.
- Analyzes results and produces reports to evaluate engagement center productivity, tests engagement projects to ensure accuracy of material and makes updates as needed.
- Assists with oversight of a student management team and Student Outreach Representatives (SORs). Manages the telemarketing/texting unit, scheduling callers, overseeing payroll, conducting interviews, and hiring, training, and monitoring SOR performance. Educates Student Outreach Representatives about the importance of philanthropy and the role they play in our success.
- Develops proactive and creative strategies to recruit new SOR’s, including developing new recruitment materials and developing positive relationships with campus partners.
- Collaborates with UIC Advancement on additional engagement projects including thank you notes and video production.
- Serves as liaison with all campus partners for the Engagement Center. Strong communication and relationship skills are necessary.
- Tracks daily, weekly, semesterly, and annual performance reports out of the software system. Assists with reconciling credit card transactions, using VanillaSoft, Blackbaud CRM, and Payconex credit card services. Contacts donors with any concerns or issues regarding credit card transactions or pledges.
- Assists with UIF engagement center operations as needed. Maintains compliance for HR, time reporting and budgeting through training and proper follow-through. Stays current on engagement/call center best practices, including participating in benchmarking projects to make strategic recommendations
- May engage with constituents via phone calls and text messages using engagement center software and participate in ongoing training, workshops and team meetings for both UIC and UIF.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong ability to problem-solve and articulate solutions.
- Supervisory experience
- Experience in an engagement center or call center
Application Deadline: February 23, 2023
Application Process: For full consideration, all candidates must complete an online application and include a resume and cover letter. Candidates may create a profile through https://jobs.uif.uillinois.edu. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Foundation Human Resources at [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit jobs.uif.uillinois.edu.