Associate Director of Development
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business SchoolChapel Hill, NC
At UNC’s Kenan-Flagler Business School we think differently. And more importantly, we teach differently. Opening our doors as the Department of Commerce in 1919 and awarding our first degrees to 12 students in 1921 was the beginning. Today, we have become a top ranked business school comprised of several professional and academic degree programs that serve over 3000 students. At Kenan-Flagler our greatest assets are our people and our culture. We are rooted in our core values of integrity, inclusion, innovation and impact and it goes back to our founding. It’s not just something on paper, we live it, we show it. Our mission is to prepare the next generation of business leaders by providing a world class education to our students. We understand that recruiting diverse, innovative and exceptional talent is vital in achieving this. If you want to be a part of this vision we want to hear from you.
This position may be eligible for a hybrid work arrangement that may include a partially remote work location, consistent with System Office policy. UNC Chapel Hill employees are generally required to reside within a reasonable commuting distance of their assigned duty station.
The UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School is seeking an Associate Director of Development to be a part of a successful and dynamic major gifts team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Associate Director of Development will be responsible for cultivating and soliciting gifts of $100,000 and above from individual alumni and friends of the business school, and will have other related responsibilities. The Associate Director will build relationships with Kenan-Flagler’s leadership, faculty, and key donors and prospects and will have significant interaction with alumni volunteers. The position will be located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required (or foreign degree equivalent) with related experience. For positions with responsibility for direct solicitation of gifts and funds, a minimum of 1 year of professional-level, direct solicitation/fundraising experience is required.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experiences:
- A minimum of three or more years of professional-level, direct solicitation/fundraising (or related) experience, and a strong understanding of the nature and purpose of higher education is required.
- Ability to travel 2-3 times per month.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- High level of enthusiasm, creativity, and strong drive to be successful.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Preferred Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience:
- Preference will be given to candidates with a relevant post-Baccalaureate degree (or foreign degree equivalent).
- Prefer a connection to UNC.
- Experience closing gifts over $100,000 is preferred.
- Prefer experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software or fundraising databases (ex. Blackbaud).
Hiring Range: $60,700 – $90,000
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit unc.peopleadmin.com.
- Next s