Manager Advancement Resources
Trinity UniversitySan Antonio, TX
Works closely with the Assistant Director of Advancement Resources and the University Salesforce/Affinaquest Administrators in Information Technology Services (ITS). Gives guidance and advice to primary users of constituent data reports, and provides leadership in the planning and implementation of data-related services that support the fundraising goals of both the division and the University. Works primarily with the Development Office, the Office of Planned Giving, the Alumni Relations Office, the Office of the President, the University Advancement Office, and the Strategic Communications & Marketing Office to provide a wide variety of reports. Produces mailing lists for the Advancement Division and also all departments on campus. Serves as an informal internal IT help desk within the division and represents the division in campus-wide information system groups, such as Data Standards/Data Integrity Committee (or similar subsequent groups, as needed).
Maintaining and satisfying minimum attendance requirements are an essential requirement of this position, including working all full-time regular hours as established by the supervisor in addition to any scheduled or emergency overtime.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Produces, reviews, and analyzes ad hoc reports for constituent data/development reporting, and supporting divisional and departmental fundraising (using Salesforce, Apsona, Informer, Tableau, and/or subsequent reporting systems), among other business information software tools. Delivers timely, accurate information and data, and advises on reporting and data, in coordination with the Assistant Director and other divisional report writing staff.
- Directs, coordinates, and evaluates employees responsible for maintaining data integrity & hygiene efforts. Carries out supervisor tasks while following all policies and laws. Interviews, hires, and trains employees. Plans, assigns, and directs work. Creates work schedules and conducts performance appraisals. Counsels and disciplines employees. Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Manages the input and output of data within Affinaquest/Salesforce while maintaining regular quality control analysis indicative of systematic work progress and improvements in the data management/data hygiene (NCOAs, phones, emails, etc.).
- Evaluates and maintains a request log and workflow of reports, services, and projects which may be requested on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis for ready reference and be proactive in meeting data needs over the course of the year (utilizing Asana, or future systems for tracking).
- Actively participates in the Advancement Reporting Teams’ regular meetings, advises the Assistant Director in creating items for discussion, and serves to lead the team in the Assistant Director’s absence.
- Manages data processing and assists with systems training for office staff to promote consistent, accurate, and effective use of Salesforce/Affinaquest. Schedules and helps organize periodic training sessions for divisional and other university end-users.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and takes corrective actions per system problems with assistance from the Assistant Director and ITS administrators.
- Composes/maintains/updates procedures and technical documentation for data entry/hygiene processes and procedures used for Salesforce/Affinaquest.
- Produces the annual Voluntary Support of Education (VSE) report for The University and other like external reporting, as required.
- Performs/assists with testing of Affinaquest/Salesforce system enhancements and upgrades. In conjunction, advises and assists the Senior Director of Advancement Services and Assistant Director in performing any work needed to move data/reporting to new software solutions (CRM/ERP) when necessary.
- Cooperates and collaborates with other employees in the spirit of teamwork and collegiality and interacts with confidence, patience, and integrity to provide professional leadership during emergencies.
- Comply with all Trinity University policies and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as required.
All jobs require a current Criminal Background Check (CBC).
May work on weekends and under pressure to meet office deadlines.
Travel will be uncommon, but some travel may be necessary
- Limited supervision. Operate independently.
- Four years of related management experience involving computer-based information services.
- Experience working with fundraising software systems (such as Salesforce/Affinaquest, Raiser’s Edge, or other CRMs) and related reporting tools (Informer, Apsona, et cetera).
- Professional supervisory experience.
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Raiser’s Edge
- CRM Applications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Software Suites, including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to work on both urgent and long-term projects simultaneously, and comfortable with being asked to adapt focus as opportunities arise.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
To apply for this job please visit www.trinity.edu.