Assistant Director of Annual Giving
The University of Toledo FoundationToledo, OH
Develop and coordinate annual giving campaigns as they relate to assigned colleges, programs, and departments at The University of Toledo with the goal of increasing philanthropy through the acquisition, renewal, and reactivation of donors. Assist with the coordination and operation of special campaigns such as Day of Giving. Duties include the coordination of direct mail, email web and crowdfunding solicitations, as they pertain to the above programs.
The following duties reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Work in collaboration with assigned campus partners to develop, plan and execute strategic cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies to encourage alumni, friends, students and parents to give.
- Independently develop and execute annual strategic plan to encourage young alumni (graduates of the last ten years) to give.
- Collaborate with Advancement staff and campus partners to cultivate and steward donors with a focus on moving donors to higher giving levels to ensure continued annual support.
- Coordinate volunteer recruitment, goal planning, and other tasks as needed for special campaigns including Day of Giving. Respond to needs/concerns of donors re: fundraising efforts, solicitations, etc.
- Create customized giving reports for development staff, deans, donors and faculty as needed.
Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 3 years’ development or comparable experience. Must have experience in development, execution of strategic plans, budget management and statistical analysis. Must be able to learn industry specific donor software and work evenings and weekends, as required.
- Passion for the institution’s mission, traditions and long-term success.
- Consistently demonstrate the mission, vision and values of UToledo Foundation and the University.
- Our RITE Values – Respect, Integrity, Transparency & Teamwork, and Excellence
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Must be able to develop interpersonal relationships with multiple constituents.
- Demonstrate integrity, impeccable ethics, initiative, enthusiasm, and the ability to establish trust and credibility.
- Demonstrate commitment and ability to: Provide quality customer service. Plan, organize and remain accountable for actions. Problem solve utilizing critical thinking skills. Function in a confidential manner. Collaborate with other staff.
The University of Toledo Foundation, an independent 501(c)3 organization, exists for the sole purpose of supporting The University of Toledo. The Foundation is the official gift-receiving and fund-management organization for the University. Our purpose is to support the University’s broad educational mission by receiving, managing, and distributing generous gifts to benefit students and enhance faculty and program efforts. The Foundation includes the Development, Alumni Relations and Special Event functions. Through its subsidiary, the UT Real Estate Corp., the Foundation also manages off campus real estate matters for the University. The Foundation embraces the mission of The University of Toledo by aspiring to be a forward-thinking, philanthropic organization, providing impactful financial support and engagement opportunities for transformation throughout the University community.
The University of Toledo Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo Foundation does not discriminate in employment or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The Foundation is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages application from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, dual-career professionals and covered veterans. The Foundation provides reasonable accommodations to individual with disabilities. If you require accommodations to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at (419) 530-7730 between the hours of 8:15AM and 5:00PM.
To apply for this job please visit www.utfoundation.org.