The University of Texas at AustinAustin, TX
Under the direction of the director of annual giving, initiate, plan, manage, monitor, and evaluate annual giving programs projects, with emphasis on project coordination, stakeholder engagement, and schedule control.
- Initiate, plan, manage, monitor, and evaluate all Texas Development annual giving programs projects, and some donor engagement team projects using accepted project management methodologies and strong communication with team members, clients and stakeholders.
- Develop project plans including management of integration, scope, schedule, cost, quality, resources, communication, stakeholders, risk and procurement. Determine project life cycle, budget, and schedule milestones and work closely with team members, clients and stakeholders, keeping them informed of progress against plan.
- Collaborate on and maintain master project calendars for the annual giving programs team and donor engagement team. Develop, produce, update and maintain project types and definitions, deliverable timelines and task structures, work hours estimates, and team project reports.
- Coordinate with internal and external writers, designers, photographers, printers, and other vendors to ensure projects are delivered to scope, on time, and within budget. Manage estimates, hiring, contracting and payment coordination.
- Organize and administer team collaboration and communication tools including Box, Slack, and Asana.
- Coordinate some projects with the University Marketing and Communications team, and collaborate with the project managers assigned to those teams.
Bachelor’s degree and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. Five years of professional experience in project management. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills. Proven ability to self-start and self-direct. Proven ability to prioritize, manage and organize multiple projects in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, deadline-driven environment. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Google applications (including Data Studio), Slack, Box, and PMIS softwares (Asana preferred). Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Six or more years of professional experience in project management. Experience managing marketing and/or fundraising projects, especially in a university setting. Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or other relevant project management certification(s).
$65,000 + depending on qualifications
Hybrid / flex work environment.
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
Why Join Texas Development?
What starts here changes the world. What starts here starts with you.
The University of Texas at Austin is on the front lines of the future: sparking the imagination, driving discovery and transforming lives. And it’s only possible because generous supporters believe in the power and promise of our state’s flagship university to change the world. We strive to reach the highest levels of achievement and success in all that we do by creating meaningful and powerful experiences for our donors.
Together, through one of the largest fundraising efforts in our state’s history, we will unlock student potential, recruit world-class faculty, transform health and care, and create a vibrant future for Texas and beyond. With more than $3 billion raised in the past five years, Texas Development is quickly becoming one of the best fundraising programs in higher education.
Texas Development is a dynamic and growing community of more than 400 team members across the Forty Acres. Like the university we serve, we are committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging along our staff and donor communities. We honor the idea that if what starts here changes the world, what starts here should reflect the world.
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
To apply for this job please visit utaustin.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.
- Next s