Assistant Director, Leadership Annual Giving
The George Washington UniversityWashington, D.C.
- Completes 70+ face-to-face visits annually with an emphasis on donor retention, engaging and qualifying alumni, and soliciting leadership annual gifts of $1,000 ($250+ for alumni within five years of graduation.)
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards gifts in an assigned portfolio of 50+ prospects (DC and NYC) for annual gifts.
- Works directly with student staff and volunteers to execute the senior class gift campaign with an emphasis on participation and sustaining giving through events, direct response, and peer-to-peer outreach.
- Partners with the annual giving direct response and alumni relations teams to execute crowdfunding campaigns, engagement events, and programs that impact young alumni philanthropy and the senior class gift campaign.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the major areas for annual support across the university, including schools, units, scholarships and fellowships, student life, libraries, and athletics.
- Collaborates with school/unit development and alumni relations staff as well as the central university development office to increase donor engagement and maximize gift potential.
- Responsible for data management to ensure accurate prospect tracking of stage progression, contact reports, proposals, philanthropic capacity/inclination, and biographical data.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit www.gwu.jobs.