Assistant Director Of Annual Giving
The Cooper UnionNew York, NY
The Office of Alumni Affairs and Development is seeking a collaborative team player who can think creatively, write passionately, and fundraise energetically for The Cooper Union as a leading college in arts, architecture, and engineering undergraduate education. While The Cooper Union is small, it has played an important role through its graduates’ impact on New York City and the world as well as through its well-respected community outreach programs and its illustrious Great Hall. It is an exciting time to be at Cooper as it continues to move the needle on returning to full-tuition scholarships for all undergraduate students. The Office of Alumni Affairs and Development plays a key role in this effort and is looking for a strong candidate to join its dynamic team.
Support the Deputy Director and the Vice President of Alumni Affairs and Development and collaborate closely with other members of the department and around the school.
- Design and implement annual fundraising appeals, events and ongoing communications plan to increase donations raised at the <$1,000 level with expected annual goals to achieve each year.
- Upgrade donors to Innovator level supporters ($1,000 – $10,000).
- Manage Cooper Union membership programs such as the Friends of the Great Hall and Friends of the Library.
- Under supervision of Vice President of Alumni Affairs and Development develop a communications plan by collaborating closely with colleagues in Development, Alumni Affairs, Communications, and other stakeholders to leverage institutional messages integrating mission statements, institutional priorities, milestones and special events, community goals and achievements in all communications including direct mail, email marketing, website content, and college leadership correspondence.
- Enhance the Alumni Affairs and Development website, CRM and email marketing systems to increase prospects, cultivate current donors and prospects, and increase engagement among all constituents.
- Create and send biweekly 5 Things newsletter in addition to other regularly scheduled communications as needed and increase newsletter database for cultivation.
- Work with outside consultants to bring best practices in prospecting solicitation and cultivation
- Scout, learn and test new systems for donor engagement and solicitation.
- Liaise with IT to troubleshoot systems and establish best practices for department’s communication channels.
- Assist colleagues in drafting and editing department communications.
- Other related duties as required or assigned by the Deputy Director or Vice President of Alumni Affairs and Development.
- Strong knowledge of development concepts, fundraising techniques, especially those related to annual giving success
- Strong writing skills, passion for writing a plus
- Superior collaborative, interpersonal and communications skills, including a proven ability to interact with donors, board members, other colleagues, and department personnel.
- Computer proficiency in CRMs, digital marketing systems, and Microsoft Office as well as ability to quickly learn new systems
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and manage time
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Good typing and proofreading skills
- Good with numbers and detail-oriented
- Sound judgment and discretion
- Strong team player
- Reliable and punctual
- Writing samples will be requested
A Bachelor’s Degree with experience in Development
This is a unionized position.
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit cooper.edu.