Associate Director, Direct Response and Marketing Strategist
The Catholic University of AmericaWashington, D.C.
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving Marketing is responsible for providing marketing support for the Annual Giving team. Focus should be given to the analysis and evaluation of marketing, segmentation, and messaging to inform future solicitation appeals. A successful candidate will be able to make recommendation based on this assessment and substantiate recommendations based on data findings. S/he must be a terrific project manager with keen attention to detail. They will need to manage multiple projects with complex moving parts in a timely fashion. The Assistant Director of Marketing will be in charge of spearheading email and digital solicitations in partnership with the annual giving and communications teams. They will also be involved in numerous direct mail projects throughout the year and will be required to provide data extraction and manipulation support for the annual giving team. This entails having an understanding of data manipulation, creating careful review procedures, and have comfortability with complex and cascading criteria sets. S/he will become familiar with articulating the unrestricted needs of the University as The Fund for Catholic University is a main priority for annual giving fundraising efforts. However, this employee will help support all of the annual funds across the University and so being able to promote all school and programmatic unrestricted funds will be incorporated into this work. General writing skills are important for all marketing operations.
- Assistant Director will execute all email and digital marketing needs for general annual giving appeals. This includes crafting strategy, drafting content, providing collateral and data for each appeal. Will work in conjunction with Director to propose innovative giving strategies that might require partnership work with the Advancement Services team.
- Outlines and manages a marketing calendar for annual solicitations which includes mail, email, and the digital appeals. Proposing intricate segmentation to reach pockets of alumni, parents, and donors effectively and frequently with a message that resonates with target audiences. Captures and archives digital copies of all email solicitations.
- Works as a project manager for many moving annual giving solicitations in partnership with the Communications team. Outlines a clear process to communicate active steps, effectively communicates timelines, and manages on time delivery of marketing needs.
- Works with the advancement information management team to export and manipulate needed data, partner in identifying database clean up needs and trends, upload correspondence lists for marketing projects. Proposes solutions for long-term data improvement to lessen manual data manipulation in the future.
- Develops reporting and progress tracking systems for marketing performance to share with the Director of Annual Giving on a regular basis. Provides recommendations for more effective communications moving forward based on results.
- Assists, when needed, with data and marketing for the 1887 Society (leadership annual giving), loyalty society, and student philanthropy. In addition, provides support to the Director of Annual Giving for giving challenges such as Founders Day, Giving Tuesday, and Athletics Giving Challenge.
- Coordinates upgrade strategy with Director of Annual Giving for donors currently giving below $5,000 to increase support over time to leadership annual giving level. Includes implementing stewardship strategies for annual donors under $5,000. Uses data to inform retention and participation practices and recommend adjustments for gift renewal when needed.
- Supports the Director with data integration and data import needs and reconciliation in close partnership with the Advancement Services teams.
- Support the Division of University Advancement in achieving its strategic and fundraising goals, as well as Campaign goals, through positive and productive interaction and collaboration with all departmental staff, University liaisons, and external constituents.
Bachelor’s Degree and at least three (3) or more years of marketing or fundraising experience preferably in higher education or related profession. Experience within Raisers Edge or another database CRM is preferred but not required. Supervisory experience preferred but not required.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to handle deadline pressure and multi-task. Detailed oriented, with the ability to prioritize and see projects to completion.
Possession of current and valid U.S. driver’s license appropriate to the type of university vehicle and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Driving Record (MVR) as stipulated in the Vehicle Guidelines and Procedures Manual administered through the office of Environmental Health and Safety. Annual clearance of MVR check through the Office of Environmental Health and Safety.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
- Next s