Speyer SchoolNew York, NY
The Speyer Legacy School seeks a full-time Advancement Associate to support the daily operations of the Advancement Office. The Advancement Associate’s primary responsibilities will be to provide general support to the Advancement Office’s daily operations including gift processing and generating reports, special projects and events, stewardship processes, and prospect research. This individual will work closely with the Director of Advancement to provide administrative support and overall project management for fundraising initiatives.
The candidate must be detail-oriented, analytical, and organized while being mindful of the importance of building meaningful relationships with the school’s various constituencies. This individual is responsible for ensuring high standards of quality, consistency, and accuracy across all advancement records and reports.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects under deadlines. The ideal candidate will have experience working in development, project management, and/or data analytics. Experience in independent schools and/or non-profit administration is a plus.
Competitive benefits include health insurance; fully paid dental/vision/short-term, long-term disability; 3% retirement matching after 1 year of employment; generous paid time off and school holidays. Salary range is $72,000-$80,000, commensurate with experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Gift Entry and Data Management
- Record all incoming donations and pledges in Veracross, the school’s database; ensure database records are accurate
- Support overall management of Veracross donor database including updating constituent information, creating new records, and data cleanup
- Prepare and send all gift acknowledgment letters
- Provide required deposit forms to the Business Office for all gifts and pledges and assist in monthly and annual reconciliations
- Prepare monthly Annual Fund reports to share with Board of Trustees
- Serve as primary point of contact between Advancement Office and external vendors including Veracross, DiamondMind, and third-party giving platforms
- Track Advancement data metrics
Events, Special Projects, and Stewardship
- Work with Director of Advancement to plan and execute donor cultivation and alumni engagement events throughout the year
- Assist in the execution of Speyer’s Annual Gala including but not limited to coordinating with vendors, managing Gala website, assisting with event logistics, and working at the event
- Enter and track event registration
- Other duties as assigned
- Conduct individual donor prospect and foundation research and gather information including their philanthropic interests, giving capacity, background, etc. using wealth screening software, iWave
- Develop efficient ways to track prospective donors
- Create and pull address lists for donor communications from Veracross
- Assist with the creation of donor reports and other printed materials
- Coordinate Annual Fund mailings
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least two years of data management experience required (Veracross experience a plus)
- Must possess a strong attention to detail
- Experience with Excel and/or Google Sheets required
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- High level of organization and ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Ability to maintain integrity and professionalism at all times, including handling highly confidential information
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- High level of initiative, proven ability to work independently, strong time-management skills
Please apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and names of three references to [email protected] Please indicate “Advancement Associate” in the subject line. The Speyer Legacy School welcomes candidates who will add to the diversity of our community and who have demonstrated a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in their teaching and learning. Must be capable of lifting and carrying items up to 40 pounds.
The Speyer Legacy School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or family composition, or any other status protected by applicable law in the administration of its employment, education, admission, financial aid, and other policies and programs.
To apply for this job please visit www.speyerlegacyschool.org.