Spelman CollegeAtlanta, GA
This position will manage all ACH, Gift Intent, and recurring credit card gifts received by the College. The incumbent will assist with the processing and receipting of all charitable gifts and will ensure that all contributions are documented correctly and meet IRS rules, CASE standards, and the guidelines established by the College, and will also assist with demographic updates and basic reporting for the Division of Institutional Advancement. He/she will be a super-user of Banner and will provide assistance with the management, administration, and utilization of the Institutional Advancement module of the Banner database.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage and assist with key Gift Processing, Demographic Update, and Reporting Functions:
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to IRS rules, CASE standards, and institutional guidelines in the processing of all charitable contributions and pledges.
- Accurately processes and enters into the CRM (currently Ellucian Banner) all checks, money orders, cash, ACH recurring gifts, recurring credit card gifts, and gifts processed through the Mobile Cause platform.
- Records all Gift Intent forms (one-time and multi-year pledges) in the CRM (currently Ellucian Banner).
- Assists with weekly iModules credit card gift entry into Banner and manage the iModules pledge review process.
- Troubleshoots and resolves gift discrepancies by making gift adjustments in Banner and communicating with donor(s) if necessary.
- Prepares and mails accurate calendar year tax letters.
- Work with Donor Services Specialist to validate all gift batches. Feeds all approved batches to the Business and Financial Affairs Office.
- Collaborates with Data Analyst/programmer to enter donor soft credits in Banner and provide backup support to the Data Analyst/Programmer to create, maintain and refresh a wide range of standard reports and other report requests from IA staff and other divisions on campus.
- Coordinates with HR to create constituent records and update employment history for all Faculty and Staff.
- Assists the Database Assistant with creating constituent records and demographic updates for Advancement constituents as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree and three or more years of professional experience with database management and reporting tools experience required or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience is required. Experience with Banner, Access, Crystal Reports, and using fundraising software is strongly preferred. Prior experience with fundraising databases and gift entry preferred.
The employee must have excellent interpersonal skills and work well within a collaborative team environment. Attention to accuracy, details, and superior organization skills are required. Good oral communication skills are required to interact with the division staff, donors, managers, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). The employee must be proficient in the use of computers, e-mail, and relational databases and reporting tools.
No Phone Calls Please
Spelman College is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Title IX Employer, and we participate in E-Verify.
To apply for this job please visit spelman.peopleadmin.com.