Corporate Relations Officer
Spelman CollegeAtlanta, GA
The Corporate Relations Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding corporate donors. The Officer serves as an expert to College constituencies (administrators, faculty, staff, student organizations and alumnae) in the corporate fundraising process. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Relations and Partnerships, the Officer manages a portfolio of corporate prospects; drafts proposals; and manages a robust corporate tracking system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes a plan for assigned portfolio of corporations.
- Conducts prospect research to maximize fundraising outcomes with past donors and new prospects, which includes coordinating prospect clearance, developing and submitting requests for donations.
- Identifies and proposes the best engagement and investment opportunities for each prospect based on their unique goals.
- Serves as the key liaison with College constituencies (administrators, faculty, staff, student organizations and alumnae) to centralize corporate fundraising process, including ensuring deliverables are met in regards to events and other student engagements.
- Works collaboratively with other departments in Institutional Advancement and College-wide to manage the fundraising tracking process to ensure timely submission of proposals, compliance reports, and donor acknowledgements and recognition.
- Produces clear and concise correspondence, including letters of inquiry, pre-proposals, proposals, reports and acknowledgement letters.
- Serves as a key collaborator within Institutional Advancement, playing a leadership role in achieving shared divisional goals.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years successful fundraising experience required.
Must be knowledgeable of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of corporate fundraising. Must show demonstrated ability in grant and proposal writing at appropriate levels for varied proposal development. Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals along with excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals are essential. Must maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances. The ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective corporate and donors, and interact via telephone, virtually and in person with College representatives is required. This position requires the ability to take primary responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision. Interest in all aspects of education and a dedication to promoting fundraising priorities through developing excellent relationships with College constituencies (administrators, faculty, staff, registered student organizations and alumnae) as well as prospects and donors is required. Must be willing to travel, if needed.
The duties of this position require excellent oral and written communication skills. Incumbent must have the ability to write correspondence such as proposals and letters to prospective donors and senior corporate executives. This work also requires the ability to speak effectively when interacting with the public and the entire Spelman community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate skills using Microsoft Office Suite including (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). The incumbent should be able to create such things as general correspondence, memos, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations. This position also requires someone to be able to utilize -email systems such as Outlook, and be competent in the use of the internet.
Spelman College is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Title IX Employer and we participate in E-Verify.
To apply for this job please visit spelman.peopleadmin.com.
- Next s