Associate Director of Annual Giving
Southern Connecticut State UniversityNew Haven, CT
Southern Connecticut State University is a diverse and student-centered university dedicated to academic excellence, access, and service for the public good. Southern provides a supportive and welcoming environment for all members of its community through a campus wide commitment to social justice. Founded as a teacher’s college in 1893, Southern has evolved over the past century into a comprehensive public university of more than 10,000 students, offering graduate and undergraduate programs in the liberal arts and professional disciplines. It is one of four universities in the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities System. The University is located in New Haven, a city rich with arts and culture, and less than 90 miles from New York City and 140 miles from Boston.
Assists with the development and implementation of successful web-based, digital and direct mail campaigns for University partners in coordination with the Director of Annual Giving and other Institutional Advancement staff.
- Manage the fundraising activities for the University’s major Homecoming campaign and several individual peer-to-peer campaigns.
- Coordinate the efforts of all peer-to-peer campaigns including but not limited to the University’s largest fundraiser, Day of Caring, by working closely with volunteers and campaign advocates.
- Produce reports which are clear and cogent and which support planning and decision-making for campaign volunteers and advocates.
- Responsible for writing and/or editing solicitation materials including but not limited to: letters, digital communication, phonathon scripts, and other Annual Giving materials.
- Performs comprehensive analysis of the annual fund program using statistics from reports.
- Assists with development and implementation of a strategic plan of action for the Annual Giving program to solicit gifts from alumni, faculty, staff, parents and friends through annual direct mail appeals, special gift campaigns, phonathons, volunteer committees, web- based approaches, and other appropriate means.
- Prepares comparative statistical reports from Raiser’s Edge for supervisor and others routinely and as needed. Supervises and evaluates the work of annual fund staff including student workers and part-time staff and volunteers.
- Oversees and manages Annual Giving web presence.
- Researches and establishes new programs and activities to solicit annual gifts from new segments of alumni, students, parents and other constituencies.
- Manages a portfolio of Annual Fund prospects for personal solicitation.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic responsibility of the position.
Bachelor’s degree and four years’ experience in Higher Education or nonprofit organization required. Experience in institutional development and alumni relations preferred. Evidence of leadership ability as represented by experience as a project facilitator, trainer, fundraiser or similar position and effectiveness in working with diverse individuals in a team-oriented environment. Familiarity with Raisers Edge, other fundraising and nonprofit software is considered a plus. An equivalent combination of credentials and/or experience may also be considered.
For full consideration, please submit a cover letter of application, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Mary Verner [email protected] by May 26, 2023. The position will remain open until filled.
Southern Connecticut State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The University seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit inside.southernct.edu.