Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
Seton Hill UniversityGreensburg, PA
Chartered in 1918, Seton Hill University is a leading Catholic coeducational liberal arts university founded by the Sisters of Charity and embracing students of all faiths. Located in southwestern Pennsylvania’s Laurel Highlands (yet only 35 miles from Pittsburgh), Seton Hill educates its more than 2000 students to “think and act critically, creatively and ethically as productive members of society committed to transforming the world.”
Purpose of Position: The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations, in coordination with the Director of Alumni Relations, organizes and coordinates alumni programs and services designed to foster and strengthen the relationship between Seton Hill and the University’s alumni. The position’s primary emphasis will be on developing programs and events, providing volunteer opportunities for alumni, and supporting philanthropy while using the latest technology, social media and the University’s alumni website to communicate effectively and manage information.
Background/Skills Necessary for Position: A Bachelor’s degree is required. A minimum of three years of related work experience in event management, volunteer management, fundraising, or marketing is preferred along with project management experience. Strong written and oral communication skills are required. Experience with Microsoft Office and fundraising database systems is required. Experience with social media is preferred.
- Facilitate the planning and implementation of national and regional alumni events (in-person and virtual) involving the Seton Hill University President.
- Plan and evaluate various alumni events (in-person and virtual) throughout the year including, but not limited to, Alumni Weekend, Homecoming and Family Weekend, and Christmas on the Hill.
- Develop, plan and evaluate Alumni College events and initiatives in collaboration with the President’s Office.
- Support the Distinguished Alumni Awards Program, including the nomination/selection process, communication to recipients, video production, and program details.
- Manage the Career Connections Program including the identification and recruitment of alumni volunteers and student participants; collaborate with the Career and Professional Development Center to ensure the Program’s success.
- Assist in the identification of potential alumni affinities and chapters to support enhanced engagement in the life of Seton Hill. Serve as a liaison with chapter and affinity group leaders as called upon.
- Serve as Co-Liaison for the Seton Hill University Alumni Advisory Council and provide support through electronic communication as well as through participation in regular meetings and events.
- Manage an annual calendar of social media posts and regular communications to alumni, in collaboration with the Director of Communications and Media Relations and other members of the IA staff, to include University programs and events; alumni regional and national events; faculty, staff, student and alumni accomplishments; and mission and history information.
- Manage the collection, publication, and distribution of Alumni Class News in collaboration with the Director of Communications and Media Relations and alumni volunteer Class News Agents.
- Manage and coordinate constituent records, maintain event registration and attendance details, develop queries and exports, and perform other functions as needed in the Raiser’s Edge database. Inform Institutional Advancement staff of important constituent updates, especially those responsible for prospect research.
- Manage the alumni online NetCommunity site and BigTree website to develop webpages to provide event details, registration information, and content updates related to the work of Alumni Relations. Provide NetCommunity support to Institutional Advancement staff members.
- Manage a gift prospect portfolio and support philanthropic efforts, including but not limited to, annual appeals and mailings that encourage support of unrestricted and designated fundraising goals for annual and capital and endowment efforts.
- Coordinate and provide support for functions such as monitoring budgets and taking minutes at alumni meetings.
- Oversee student work study and intern assignments.
- Travel occasionally and work evening and/or weekend hours as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as required.
Send a letter of interest with salary expectation, resume, and 3 references by Friday, March 10, 2023 to Ashley Zwierzelewski, Director of Alumni Relations, Seton Hill University, 1 Seton Hill Drive, Box 190K, Greensburg, PA 15601 or [email protected]
Diversity is a core value at Seton Hill University. We are passionate about building and sustaining an equitable and inclusive learning and working environment for all students, faculty, and staff. We actively seek to recruit applicants who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty, and staff of all identities and backgrounds.
To apply for this job please visit www.setonhill.edu.