Data Integrity Analyst
Rhode Island School of DesignProvidence, RI
Rhode Island School of Design seeks a Data Integrity Analyst for the College’s department of Institutional Advancement to manage a diverse pool of donor data and ensure data accuracy. Institutional Advancement (IA) is responsible for the acquisition and management of donations from myriad sources such as alumni, families and friends of the College, corporations, foundations, RISD Museum patrons, et cetera. As such, it is imperative that any sensitive data collected is maintained with accuracy and consistency.
The Analyst will oversee data contained in RISD’s CRM and other such reporting software to ensure overall excellence in data health for optimal outreach, reporting and analysis. A successful candidate will constantly monitor data quality and periodically conduct rigorous audits, in tandem managing business processes to ensure successful transactions and activities in Raiser’s Edge/NXT. The incumbent will identify and resolve moderately complex data issues resulting from user entry or integrations of third-party data, including campus systems and various external platforms. Along with monitoring data, the Analyst will conduct training sessions for IA employees on the Raiser’s Edge/NXT, and, under the guidance of the Director of Advancement Technology, update training materials and design relevant learning exercises.
We seek a culturally competent candidate who will thrive in a campus environment that is committed to advancing the principles of social equity and inclusion, environmental and climate justice, and equal access to resources and opportunities.
- Analyze data received via application update points and constituent interactions, applying data standards and documented business rules to the new data – ensuring it appends and cleanses existing data according to data governance protocol.
- Ensure the quality of data underlying standard Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Management Reports as well as ad hoc analyses; work closely with the Reporting Analyst and members of the Advancement Technology team to troubleshoot reporting anomalies
- Prioritize data for key donors, prospective donors, and volunteers
- Develop, test, and continually improve functionality offered by Raiser’s Edge/NXT and associated reporting tools, including Tableau
- Support the implementation and customization of IA technologies including contributing to the customization of data, project managing by scheduling meetings and coordinating documentation
- Assist with testing and participate with needs assessment or any support needed for project completion
- Conduct training sessions focused on educating employees on the Raiser’s Edge/NXT and other divisional platforms
- Update and maintain training literature and materials, and design exercises to enhance in-person and remote training sessions
- Contribute to creating online training materials and documentation related to technical and business processes
- Evaluate understanding and acceptance of the material
- Administer the staff training calendar, access requests and training records for Institutional Advancement employees, including draft, schedule and send reminders to all staff for renewal of data security training, maintain training documents and organize required training sessions
- Develops a data awareness campaign for Institutional Advancement staff
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One to three years of experience with digital data entry, auditing and reporting
- Training and/or experience in instructional technology or related field; ability to coordinate and train effectively
- Ability to proactively learn and stay abreast of institutional policies as they relate to data handling, PCI, GDPR and FERPA Standards and other business needs
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of divisional and institutional colleagues, within an environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion
- Strong attention to detail, including recognizing data errors, anomalies and processes that affect the overall health and quality of the data
- Demonstrated use of effective problem solving, analytical, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to shift priorities and deal with changing demands in an effective manner
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite functions, including MS Excel (filter, sort, use pivot tables, functions, and macros), Word and PowerPoint and Google Suite
- Ability to optimize work procedures to achieve maximum efficiency
- Experience in the higher education or nonprofit sector
- Raiser’s Edge data entry and reporting experience
35 hours per week; 12 months per year
Documents Needed to Apply:
- Resume (required)
- Cover Letter (required)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
To apply for this job please visit risd.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.
- Next s