RAND CorporationSanta Monica, CA
The RAND Corporation is seeking a Development Coordinator to support RAND Development’s fundraising objectives. Specifically related to RAND’s Advisory Board, working with the RAND Development team (e.g. Major Giving, Advisory Boards), the Development Coordinator will provide administrative support, event logistics, stewardship coordination, program and project management. This position is integral to RAND’s fundraising efforts and works closely with development board managers to coordinate high level board meetings/events, compose briefings/reports, facilitate mailings, and maintain accurate donor records. This position reports to the Senior Managing Director of Development and Senior Director of Development, Strategic Initiatives and interacts with RAND senior leadership, donors, researchers and staff, and requires a superb customer service approach, proactive workstyle and growth mindset. The successful candidate will be focused and goal-oriented with a high level of initiative, energy, intellectual curiosity and interest in the field of development. Also important are strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with donors or other stakeholders in person, on the telephone and in writing, in addition to understanding the importance of serving the internal customer.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing day-to-day operations for board meetings, salon dinners and VIP events with donors and prospects (in domestic and international venues).
- Liaison between the Development department and members of select Advisory Boards and serving as Development’s primary administrative resource to these donors.
- Coordinating information flow, preparing materials for distribution, to include drafting, editing and proof-reading correspondence, proposals, and briefings to be used in the cultivation, solicitation or stewardship of donors and tracks the post-event prospect engagement, including progress of prospect cultivation, solicitation, and pledges.
- Gather, synthesize and analyze data and information to prepare summaries and reports for internal review.
- Reviewing and analyzing donor/prospect lists, execute mailings, and provide logistical support for events, including interfacing with vendors, processing invoices, submitting requisitions for purchase orders, reconciling department purchases, and managing vendor relationships.
- Scheduling and maintaining calendar of appointments, meetings, and itineraries, including making travel arrangements and processing expense reports.
- Working closely with internal teams to develop systems and reports to track fundraising initiatives and prospecting efforts.
- Assessing current processes, create and recommend process improvements.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Interest in developing a career in the field of fundraising, donor relations, or events.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills to interact effectively and diplomatically with high level donors, staff, researchers and senior leadership.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills, resourcefulness, curiosity, openness to learning and flexibility.
- Affinity for technology and computers and understanding of exporting and analyzing data, list generation/review and mail merges with ability and eagerness to quickly learn software and systems.
- Detail oriented with the ability to plan, organize and work on multiple projects and report to two people simultaneously; make effective timely decisions and meet deadlines under general guidance and supervision in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends and travel on occasion for events upon request.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Salesforce database experience
- Event planning experience
To apply for this job please visit rand.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.
- Next s