Assistant Director, Student Engagement
Purdue for Life FoundationWest Lafayette, IN
The Assistant Director, Student Engagement is one of the foundation’s front-line employees for our student facing initiatives. Their role in the process of creating a strong, long-term pipeline for students to be involved as alumni is essential as they interact with future alumni on a weekly, if not daily basis. In addition, this person will assist in overseeing the Boilermaker Station Welcome Center, where they will come across thousands of students, alumni, and guests each year. This specific interaction is key to recruiting volunteers and engaged constituents.
- As part of the Engagement Team, create meaningful and intentional touch points with Purdue alumni, students, and friends which lead to staying connected, getting involved, and giving back.
- Develop a long-term student engagement plan that leads to long-term alumni engagement.
- Recruit alumni volunteers to participate in student programs as mentors, speakers, panelists, or other volunteer roles.
- Assist with other engagement and development activities as needed.
- Track program metrics and constituent data such as event attendance and contact information.
- Assist the senior director in overseeing the Boilermaker Station Welcome Center, including oversight of the student internship program.
Purdue Alumni Student Experience (PASE)
- Execute programs and membership sales for Purdue Alumni Student Experience (PASE), the largest student organization at Purdue with over 7,000 members.
- Advise the PASE Board of Directors in planning events, programs, and managing social outreach.
- Assist student board members with the social media platforms for PASE (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), while collaborating with the Foundation’s marketing and communications team.
- Develop processes and materials to train board members on leadership, program development, marketing and communications, and event planning.
- Lead the membership sales process for PASE – create and implement a marketing strategy, sales process, and organize membership kit distributions.
- Create meaningful engagement opportunities for graduating students in their final year that encourage a strong relationship with Purdue after graduation.
- Lead the efforts for Senior Week and Send-Off that occur in the fall and spring.
- Work with other areas of the Engagement Team to create pipelines to alumni involvement for students after they graduate.
- Utilizing Purdue Ties, our mentoring platform provided by Graduway, create and manage two mentoring programs that connect alumni and students.
- Work with the marketing and communications team to maintain an updated website.
- Manage relationships between the Foundation and campus and community partners.
- Knowledge of student development theory
- Volunteer recruitment and management skills
- Familiar with social media engagement tactics
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to interact with a wide range of individuals
- Willingness to travel
- Valid driver’s license
- Microsoft Office experience
- Some evening and weekend work required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Student advising on a programming board
- Alumni relations and engagement experience
- Recruitment and/or sales experience
- Volunteer management
- Campus programming, specifically as it pertains to networking and professional development
- Leadership development and programming
- Experience in event planning
A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance test are required for employment in this position.
Purdue Research Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. PRF views, evaluates, and treats all persons in all Foundation-related activities solely as individuals on the basis of their own personal abilities, qualifications, and other relevant characteristics. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or status as a veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.applyatprf.com.