Assistant Director of Development, Leadership Annual Giving
Ohio UniversityAthens, OH
Make a difference and have an immediate impact on Ohio University’s students, faculty, programs, and places by serving as the next Assistant Director of Development, Leadership Annual Giving! From day one, the Assistant Director will develop and build upon the foundational skills and experiences needed for a successful career as an Advancement professional. This position collaborates with multiple college and unit partners across campus, bringing variety to daily work, and will be a part of the dynamic Annual Giving team where creativity and innovation are welcomed and celebrated.
The Assistant Director of Development will focus on building the major gift pipeline through growing and nurturing donors at the leadership annual giving level. Focusing on raising gifts between $1,000 – $4,999 this fundraiser will primarily focus on cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors in and around Ohio. The successful candidate will be responsible for the identification of potential major-gift donors; identify and engage regional development markets in collaboration with development colleagues; initiate first alumni contact for the dean, faculty and other administrators; maintain development travel schedules; coordinate with all development staff and gift stewardship activities with donor relations; work closely with Central Programs and Development staff on strategies for donors related to different gift vehicles; coordinate strategic development events; the development of a major gifts pipeline to build a qualified prospect base for the college/unit and/or projects; serve as liaison between the faculty, staff, students and potential supporters (individuals, corporations and foundations), and the Office of the Vice President for Advancement.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Identify constituents that may provide private support to Ohio University while acting as fundraiser/strategist/advisor for academic unit(s) and/or project(s) and secure leadership annual giving commitments at a level established for said units. (40% of time)
- Assist in the identification of potential donors
- Focus on the discovery and verification of alumni
- Assist in developing a giving pipeline to build a qualified prospect base for Ohio University
- Plan, implement and coordinate cultivation activities for prospects and donors. Initiate, develop and coordinate delivery of proposals to prospective supporters. (25% of time)
- Work collaboratively with Development staff as needed to verify, cultivate and solicit constituents for major gifts for the university and work with appropriate campus offices to plan implement and oversee stewardship programs. (20% of time)
- Interface with the external relations agents (i.e. Alumni Relations, Development, Deans, and individual unit/project personnel) to coordinate events and activities involving alumni in the pursuit of identifying, cultivating and soliciting major gift prospects. (15% of time)
Location and Travel
University Advancement values in person collaboration and relationship building and therefore takes a hybrid approach that combines remote and in-office work days across the division. Unless traveling on university business, staff, including this position, work onsite multiple days per week. The Assistant Director will work from the Athens, Ohio campus and may have the option to participate in the unit’s hybrid approach, upon approval.
The Assistant Director must have the ability and willingness to travel periodically.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 6 months experience in fundraising, Advancement, sales/marketing, or related (student fundraising experience will be considered)
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
The target hiring range for this position is $40,296 to $45,837 . The full range for pay grade 15 is $40,296 to $62,459. Salary is commensurate with education and experience while also considering internal equity. For more information on the pay structure and Pay Administration Guidelines please visit: https://www.ohio.edu/hr/compensation-pay
RELOCATION allowance or SIGN ON BONUS of up to 10% of the base salary may also be available!
Employees also enjoy a generous benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, short term disability, life insurance, retirement benefits, educational benefits for themselves AND qualified dependents, domestic partner benefits, PAID parental leave, adoption benefits, generous PAID time off, and access to professional development programs. More detailed plan information can be found at: https://www.ohio.edu/hr/benefits
This position works year round and is typically expected to work 40 hours a week Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5pm. Some after hours, weekend, and holiday work may be required. Flexplace and flextime agreements may be available for this position.
About University Advancement
The Division of University Advancement is a multi-faceted unit within Ohio University that builds and strengthens relationships that inspire investments of time, talent, and treasure in the University and its mission. The Division engages alumni and friends in the life of the University and secures private support that advances the University’s strategic initiatives. Through local, regional, state, and worldwide engagement, University Advancement shares OHIO’s story and furthers its mission and vision across the globe. The Division of University Advancement is committed to excellent customer service, fostering collaborative work environments, and celebrating a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Ohio University is proud of its rich history, diverse campuses, international communities, and beautiful Appalachian settings. As part of our ongoing efforts to provide and support a transformative learning experience, we affirm our commitment to fostering a welcoming, respectful, diverse, and inclusive workforce and community. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, ethnicity, national origin, national ancestry, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military service or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or genetic information. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.ohiouniversityjobs.com.