Major Gift Officer II
Nova Southeastern UniversityFort Lauderdale, FL
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads the planning and implementation of a strategic development plan in collaboration with management.
- Prepares annually a Strategic Fundraising Plan that establishes the goals and development initiatives to be accomplished.
- Takes the lead in developing the case for support for University major giving priorities; effectively communicates the overall University case for support; and, articulates the impact of philanthropic gifts at all levels.
- Manages and advances a portfolio of approximately 150 prospects each year.
- Conducts an average of 125 meaningful, face-to-face prospect visits per year.
- Maintains current, accurate Prospect Management reports, including:
- Prospect pipeline.
- Prospect and proposal status.
- Prospect list.
- Database Management
- Follows policies and provides assistance in order to adequately manage the database and all records, files, and gift processing, including donor stewardship and gift acknowledgments.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with faculty and staff members.
- Represents the Division and the University at activities as needed.
- Upon approval, participates in committees, as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of development strategies and alumni relations, particularly major gift development.
- Ability to independently organize and schedule appointments to assure that targets for the number of personal visits and/or personal contacts are met each month.
- Ability to communicate effectively as evidenced by clarity and conciseness of oral and written presentations.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with others.
- Computer experience including Internet research, MS Word, Excel, and Power Point, Windows and relational database experience. Familiarity with Banner software a plus.
- Ability to travel locally, regionally, and in assigned geographic territory as well as to other off-site locations as requested.
- Comfort level working in a team-oriented environment; ability to work with teams of volunteers and staff.
- Must be disciplined, detailed and result-oriented.
- Must be highly organized and able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible fundraising experience.
- Minimum of three years successful experience in annual or major gifts, planned giving, or development work with preference for background in higher education philanthropy.
Master’s degree; CFRE preferred
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
To apply for this job please visit nsucareers.nova.edu.
- Next s