Director of Annual Giving
Northern Kentucky UniversityHighland Heights, KY
The Director of Annual Giving is responsible for developing and managing a comprehensive, annual giving program, which focuses on securing gifts through traditional and emerging techniques. The Director of Annual Giving works with University Advancement staff, key vendors, and other partners to identify, acquire, retain, and re-engage donors with Northern Kentucky University.
This person will work with all Colleges and Units to identify priorities and ensure these are integrated into solicitation plans for NKU alumni, friends, employees, retirees, parents, graduating students, and other targeted constituents. The annual giving program will include competitive and creative communication components focused on increasing revenue and donor counts. The Director will work with University representatives across campus to develop and implement NKU Founder’s Day/Giving Day.
The position will provide ongoing analytical reports to the Donor Relations and Development teams to ensure progress toward goals and well-coordinated communication and engagement strategies. This person supervises an Associate Director and Assistant Director.
- Plan, develop and implement a strategic multi-channel annual giving program working closely with a third-party vendor that includes direct mail, phonathon, email, digital ads, social media, crowdfunding, online giving, and personal solicitations. The annual giving plan also includes faculty/staff and student giving campaigns. This work aims to increase revenue and donor participation, providing a pipeline of leadership annual, mid-level, and major gift prospects. Works with all Colleges, Athletics, and other Units on campus to support annual fundraising goals for their programs. Develop and implement all aspects of the NKU Founder’s Day/Giving Day experience.
- Oversee solicitation criteria, segmentation, and lists in partnership with Advancement Services and outside vendors. Evaluate accuracy and effectiveness of solicitation strategies and implement necessary changes for future campaigns. Identify and monitor key target indicators that inform progress toward annual fundraising program goals (i.e., donor renewals, acquires, upgrades; funds raised, participation rates).
- Manage, train, and coach the Associate and Assistant Directors.
- Manage stewardship campaigns and giving societies for annual giving donors.
- Share annual giving needs, progress, and impact to University and external constituents in the context of the University’s strategic plan and vision.
- Manage annual giving budget, including vendor relationships as necessary.
- Support the mission, goals, and objectives of the University Advancement Division.
Bachelor’s Degree and 4-5 years of related experience.
- Word, Outlook, Excel, SAP and Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Detail and goal-oriented, well-organized, and focused, with a high level of initiative and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to manage multi-phase projects from inception to completion, including the ability to build consensus among team members and balance multiple concurrent priorities.
- Demonstrate analytical and fundraising skills with the ability to recognize program improvements and additions and prioritize them to attain goals.
- Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Ability to listen carefully to and understand donor needs, both internally and externally, and proactively respond to those needs consistently and promptly.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Maintains a sense of courtesy, respect, professionalism, and enthusiasm when working with and engaging team members, fellow employees, students and constituents.
- Exemplifies a positive attitude toward diversity, equity, and inclusion on campus and in our work.
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nku.edu.