Associate Director, Digital Engagement
New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)Newark, NJ
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Alumni Engagement and Giving and exercising a high degree of creativity, independence, and strategic thinking, the Associate Director, Digital Engagement will serve as the digital strategist for alumni engagement and annual giving efforts at NJIT, measurably increasing alumni engagement and giving participation. Through digital channels, including email, web, social media, and digital advertising, they will support NJIT’s goals of meaningfully engaging alumni, volunteers, donors, students, and other external constituents with one another and the university and inspire them to support NJIT through investments of their time, talent, and treasure.
- In partnership with AVP, Alumni Engagement and Giving; Director, Alumni Engagement; and Director, Annual Giving, develops and executes comprehensive digital strategy for NJIT’s alumni engagement and giving team and department of Development and Alumni Relations at large, including email, web, social media, and digital advertising.
- Designs, schedules, and deploys emailed alumni engagement and giving solicitations, newsletters, invitations, and other digital communications using Blackbaud Luminate, including pulling segmented lists via query or in partnership with advancement services as needed.
- Serves as webmaster for Development and Alumni Relations website, keeping division pages fresh, engaging, user-friendly, and well-organized. Works closely with university Strategic Communications team to ensure website is on-brand and aligned with other university pages.
- Develops and executes digital advertising strategy for alumni engagement and giving efforts and uses data to assess results and make recommendations.
- Manages NJIT Alumni social media accounts, updating multiple times per week with fresh, engaging content and engaging with followers.
- Serves as key member of strategic team for NJIT Day of Giving, Giving Tuesday, and other digital-first annual giving campaigns.
- In partnership with Director of Alumni Engagement, develops strategy to promote alumni engagement programs, including signature events, benefits, and volunteerism.
- Regularly reviews key performance indicators to track progress and adjust strategy as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in digital direct response, marketing, content management, and/or web design.
- Knowledge of digital fundraising and/or engagement best practices.
- Experience with fundraising databases and analytics.
- Proven record of increasing revenue and/or engagement through digital channels.
- Highly familiar with web and digital marketing strategies, experience in email marketing systems (Blackbaud Luminate preferred), and Google Analytics reporting.
- Experience in web design (Drupal preferred), social media engagement and analytic strategies, and design software preferred.
- Experience in higher education, non-profit, or advancement preferred.
- Exceptional writing, speaking, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Candidates must also demonstrate an ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues; facilitate multiple projects, make decisions, and meet deadlines; manage and motivate volunteers effectively and efficiently; and identify problems and develop creative, timely, and efficient solutions.
- Position involves travel as well as ability to work evenings and weekends.
- At the university’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
As an EEO employer, NJIT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive teaching, research, and working environment and strongly encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women.
As a Minority Serving Institution and Asian-American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution, diversity is a core value of NJIT and we are committed to make diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, part of everything we do. We celebrate the diversity of our university community and recognize the cultural and personal differences each member of the community brings to NJIT. We strive to cultivate an inclusive campus culture that promotes excellence among our faculty, staff and students. Building a robust and diverse community is critical to NJIT’s continuing status as a premier institution of higher education and a leading polytechnic university.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.