Assistant Director, Annual Giving
New Jersey Institute of TechnologyNewark, NJ
The Assistant Director will work with the Executive Director, Annual Giving in the administrative and programmatic aspects of the annual giving operations, with primary responsibility over the Student Engagement Center Calling Program. The program employs student fundraisers to solicit financial support for the university from alumni and friends. The Assistant Director is responsible for providing overall support involved with the annual fund programs including planning, managing, and evaluating the Student Engagement Center program.
Core position responsibilities include: developing, implementing, and overseeing all aspects of the Student Engagement Center Calling Program; working with the Annual Giving team to develop a program and implement strategies that will expand the base of annual giving support.
- Work with the Executive Director, Annual Giving to create and manage a comprehensive plan that enables the university to reach donors and non-donors to consistently build and sustain the donor pipeline.
- Utilize calling software to strategically segment, assign and manage calling records, manage calling shifts, and callers’ performance, and report the progress of the program.
- In partnership with Executive Director, develop and manage a comprehensive plan to incorporate texting and video outreach into the engagement center for alumni outreach, pledge fulfillment, and solicitation.
- Work flexible hours/days that include evenings and Sundays.
- Recruit, lead, train, and motivate a team of approximately 30 student employees.
- Supervise and manage the workflow of the student employees, and set and measure performance standards.
- Generate statistical data and comparative reporting.
- Ability to analyze data and manage detailed reporting.
- Provide daily gifts and pledge reports through the efforts of the Student Engagement Center to the Operations team.
- Develop and implement a calling segmentation plan to optimize prospect contact and retention rates.
- Support the work of the annual giving team and the Development & Alumni Relations division.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of annual giving events.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Functional knowledge of the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Minimum of 3 years of successful professional development experience, preferably in higher education;
- At the university’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position
- Experience in higher education fundraising or with a non- profit organization.
- Experience working with fundraising software programs – Wilson Bennett Technologies (WBT) or similar; ThankView; Mongoose text messaging – or similar; social media platforms.
- Experience managing a Student Engagement Center program.
As an EEO employer NJIT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive teaching, research, and working environment and strongly encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women.
Diversity is a core value of NJIT and we are committed to make diversity, equity and inclusion, part of everything we do. We celebrate the diversity of our university community and recognize cultural and personal differences. We strive to cultivate an inclusive campus culture that promotes excellence among our faculty, staff and students. Building a robust and diverse community is critical to NJIT’s continuing status as a premier institution of higher education and a leading polytechnic university.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.