Director of Annual Giving
Mount Saint Mary CollegeNewburgh, NY
Under the supervision of the VP for College Advancement, the Director of Annual Giving assumes primary responsibility for preparing a detailed fiscal year solicitation plan and fully executing the solicitation calendar to increase financial support for the college and meet fundraising goals. Mount Saint Mary College is in the quiet phase of a major, comprehensive fundraising campaign that will set the college up for This includes goal setting and developing all appropriate segmentation strategies to ensure that prospects are solicited at the right time, for the right reason to give, and the right method of solicitation. Included is all renewal, lapsed, and acquisition campaigns; designing each program appeal with the highest level of personalization as possible; supervising the preparation of appropriate solicitation and recognition materials for all phases of the annual giving campaign; and focusing on cultivating and soliciting the leadership annual giving donors. The director will manage a portfolio of leadership level annual giving prospects to help build the major gift pipeline.
- Plan and implement all annual-giving solicitations for college constituencies to maximize giving and participation rates to reach established annual goals.
- Collaborate with the Vice President to develop annual giving strategic and operational plans.
- Based on those plans, propose yearly budget recommendations for the annual giving program. Administer the budget to assure sound fiscal expenditures and management.
- Manage a portfolio of high end annual giving donors in an effort to create a pipeline to major gifts.
- Serve as the lead and assist others in Advancement and across the college on the use of GiveSmart, the college’s online donation, event registration, and auction platform.
- Plan and implement the college’s highly successful Go Blue of MSMC and Knight Nation online, peer-to-peer, giving campaigns.
- Assist Athletics, Student Affairs, and other departments in successfully planning and implementing their fundraising campaigns. Assist them in using and maximizing GiveSmart for their fundraising efforts.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team on the creation and design of all annual giving direct mail, email, and text communications.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications and Advancement staff to create the annual Donor Impact Report with compelling donor stories, diverse student quotes, and an accurate and complete list of volunteers and donors.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of college programs, initiatives, and priorities in an effort to best align donor interest with college needs.
- Assists with the check in and supporting of major fundraising events, such the college’s Annual Gala and Golf/Tennis Tournament.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required with at least five years of experience in a similar position or field. The ideal candidate will have a record of accomplishment in annual giving programs or in a business development field.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and time management skills required.
- Strong communication both verbal and written across multiple channels.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate donors and volunteers.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as within a team to meet goals of college.
- Fundraising and/or educational experience is desirable.
- Candidate must be imaginative, entrepreneurial, collaborative, display a sense of ownership and accountability.
- Some weekend and evening hours will be required
To apply for this job please visit msmc.edu.