Director of Annual Giving
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyCambridge, MA
MIT Sloan School of Management is seeking a Director of Annual Giving. This opportunity, located within the Office of External Relations, offers a seasoned development professional the chance to lead a best-in-class team and contribute to MIT Sloan’s mission of developing principled, innovative leaders.
This role includes oversight of an annual giving team of four full-time professionals. The
Director will craft outreach strategies to strengthen long-term relationships with annual giving prospects and play a pivotal role in recruiting, managing, and supporting key volunteer leaders for the MIT Sloan Annual Fund. Additionally, they will take charge of a portfolio of current and potential leadership annual fund donors, soliciting gifts ranging from $10,000 to $250,000-plus.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree, seven years of relevant experience, and three years of staff supervision and budget management. Strong communication skills, data proficiency, and discretion are vital.
Successful candidates will:
• Devise and oversee the strategy for the MIT Sloan Annual Fund, with a goal of annually increasing support.
• Lead, set strategy for, and execute the entire annual giving program, including reunion giving, class gifts, and direct marketing.
• Supervise all annual fund programs, such as the Dean’s Circle, leadership annual giving, and phonathon.
• Develop annual goals, track progress, and analyze giving trends using a data-informed approach.
• Lead and mentor a team of annual giving professionals while collaborating with leadership throughout the Office of External Relations.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.