Director of Annual Giving
McMurry UniversityAbilene, TX
The Director of the Annual Giving is responsible for the planning, development and execution of a comprehensive and effective program that builds a long-term base of unrestricted support through McMurry’s Annual Fund (The McMurry Fund). A key leadership role within the McMurry University advancement team, the Director of Annual Giving is responsible for the strategic management of a comprehensive, integrated, annual giving fund program. The Director provides direction and long-range/short-range planning for solicitation and communication strategies—all focused on increasing the number of annual donors, their level of financial commitment, and their continued support of McMurry University’s fundraising mission and strategic priorities. This role also includes development of in-depth strategic analysis of program performance and monitoring of trends and key program metrics. The Director will be responsible for designing a successful program that builds and sustains a donor pipeline in support of the Major Gift program. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, the Director will develop a fundraising and engagement plan for donors under $25,000 and will carry a portfolio.
- In coordination with McMurry University’s fundraising leadership, design and execute a comprehensive, strategic annual giving program that fulfills fiscal and participation goals established across all university constituent groups
- Oversee budget and operations for McMurry Fund solicitations, including direct mail, phone, email, and social media campaigns
- Prepare annual and multi-year income projections and expense budgets based on past performance, tactical and strategic planning, and industry trends. Develop and track metrics for accountability and evaluation
- Develop proposals, promotional brochures, appeal letters and other supportive materials for solicitation purposes
- Identify and solicit prospects one-on-one for first-time, renewal, and upgraded leadership annual gifts ($1,000+).
- Track all contact reports and strategies in the database of record (currently Raiser’s Edge)
- Assist with “All-hands” events planned by the Division of Institutional Advancement (Homecoming, Alumni-Weekend, Women’s Leadership Luncheon, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director for Development
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two or more years’ experience in Fundraising or industry with transferable skills (outside sales, marketing, etc.)
- An understanding of and ability to execute social media, web, email, and print marketing campaigns
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with great attention to detail and professional demeanor
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external constituencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, public relations or a closely related field
- Experience in higher education development
- Knowledge of McMurry University or private liberal arts institutions
- Experience with databases, CRM, and email marketing systems
To apply for this job please visit mcm.peopleadmin.com.