Assistant/Associate Director of Advancement Marketing
McIntire School of Commerce FoundationCharlottesville, VA
The University of Virginia McIntire School of Commerce Foundation is seeking an Assistant/Associate Director of Advancement Marketing to join its Advancement Team.
The McIntire School Advancement team engages, cultivates, solicits, and stewards alumni, parents, friends, volunteers, and corporate partners in support of the mission of the McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia. Our approach is thoughtful, meaningful, and constituent-centric.
As an integral member of the Advancement team, the Assistant/Associate Director of Advancement Marketing will create and execute communications that effectively convey McIntire’s mission and the impact of philanthropic funds for the strategic growth of the School.
- Creating and implementing integrated email solicitation campaigns, social media, and other large-scale mass communications for donor renewal and acquisition for the McIntire Annual Fund, McIntire Engagement Events, and other McIntire affinity-based Advancement efforts.
- Working with the Senior Director of Annual Giving and Advancement Operations to develop a comprehensive marketing strategy to meet and exceed ambitious McIntire Annual Fund goals.
- Managing McIntire’s annual Giving Day to drive alumni participation and support of the Annual Fund.
- Collaborating with McIntire’s Marketing & Communications team to develop strategy for social media, digital ads, McIntire’s advancement website, and other advancement communications.
- Coordinating with University Annual Giving, Cavalier Connect, and Donor Experience Officer (DXO) colleagues to leverage marketing plans for McIntire donors and friends.
- Partnering with the Associate Director of Advancement Data and Analytics to utilize data in the development of solicitation communications and evaluation of their success.
- Supporting McIntire’s stewardship and donor recognition initiatives, especially for annual giving donors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years (Assistant Director) to five years (Associate Director) advancement, nonprofit, or relevant communications and marketing experience.
- Interpersonal Versatility – The proven ability to exercise discretion and good judgment; the ability to work well with a variety of diverse constituents with an enthusiastic and positive approach.
- Inclusive Excellence – Demonstrated knowledge, skills, abilities, and experiences that supporta diverse workforce and inclusive environment.
- Team Player – The ability to work both independently and in coordination with colleagues is vital to success in this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Organizational Expertise – Ability to plan, develop, schedule, and manage multiple projects to completion with diligent preparation and follow-up. Initiative, flexibility, and a motivated “hands-on, take-charge” personality is desired.
- Previous experience with Give Campus, Marketing Cloud and /or Ellucian CRM Advance or another constituent database is highly preferred with a willingness to learn and implement new technologies
This is a hybrid-eligible position with a minimum of three days in-person at an office based in Charlottesville, VA. Hybrid employment requires access to a secure home office environment with high-speed internet service.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $60,000 – $75,000
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter to Brandy Amos, Human Resource Manager ([email protected]). Review of applicants will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
The University of Virginia McIntire School of Commerce Foundation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and welcomes diversity in all forms. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through each person’s unique perspectives and lived experiences.
The McIntire School of Commerce is one of the highest-ranked undergraduate business schools in the nation and is recognized for excellence and innovation in both undergraduate and graduate business education and scholarship. The School is dedicated to educating and inspiring students to become visionary leaders who shape global business with integrity, purpose, intercultural fluency, and a fundamental understanding of how commerce can contribute to the common good.
To apply for this job please visit www.commerce.virginia.edu.