Director of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving
Marymount UniversityArlington, VA
The Director of Alumni Engagement & Annual Giving is responsible for building and strengthening the alumni network by planning and implementing engagement opportunities which foster lifelong mutually enriching connections, support University priorities and initiatives, and create an inclusive community among alumni. The Director is also responsible for increasing individual giving and pipeline development through the identification, engagement, cultivation and solicitation of annual gifts as well as through the development and support of targeted constituent giving programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of Marymount University Annual Fund, including solicitation and acquisition of donors at all levels
- Successfully implement and maintain Blackbaud Guided Fundraising
- Work with campus constituencies (coaches, deans and directors) to successfully launch annual appeals, integrating them into a year-long solicitation, including a fall appeal, an end of calendar year appeal, a spring appeal and an end of academic year appeal.
- Launch successful Giving Day appeal (fall appeal)
- Reinstitute reunion giving programs, initially at the 25th and 50th years o Pursue leadership annual fund gift of $5k to $10k with goal of recruiting 10 a year
- Create and maintain faculty/staff campaign o Create and maintain MU donor event for parents /families
- Oversee the Marymount University Alumni Board workflow through the coordination of board liaisons and task forces and ensures outputs are aligned with Advancement’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee strategic communications and develop alumni engagement programs that will actively provide opportunities to be meaningfully involved with the University, both oncampus and virtually.
- Oversee e-newsletter for each of the Colleges
- Initiate and maintain joint programming with the Center for Career Services, and the Office of Student Life to establish alumni-to-student mentoring, internships and other experiential learning opportunities for alumni, companies /orgs to participate in and off campus
- Initiate and maintain a joint program with Admissions to use alumni to recruit and retain prospective /admitted students.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: B.A required; M.A. preferred
Experience: 3+ years in similar role
Licenses or Certifications: none
Financial Responsibility: No
Special Knowledge: None
To apply for this job please visit marymount.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.
- Next s