Advancement officer, Annual Giving
Marquette UniversityMilwaukee, WI
The Advancement Officer, Annual Giving is responsible for the development, implementation and management of the university’s phonathon and texting programs and is a key partner in the student philanthropy program. S/he works with colleagues to develop a culture of philanthropy and stewardship among alumni, parents, students and friends of the university.
- Recruit, hire and manage student leadership and calling staff for the phonathon program; supervise Call Center during all calling shifts
- Develop and oversee texting strategy for annual giving team, partnering with teammates around key campaigns such as Give Marquette Day
- Create and distribute pre- and post-call marketing pieces, pledge letters, thank-you letters, reminder letters, emails and text messages
- Develop student philanthropy initiatives in partnership with annual giving teammates, including recruitment and management of student alumni ambassadors, coordination of on-campus programming opportunities and solicitation and stewardship outreach to students
- Accurately respond to donor inquiries in a timely manner
- Plan and facilitate student Phonathon staff training and performance assessments
- Track and analyze solicitation results, actively working to improve results and exceed goals set for the programs
- Collaborate with Annual Giving staff to complete a comprehensive solicitation schedule in order to maximize results
- Seek and implement new phone and texting strategies and processes to add to effectiveness and efficiency of these channels
- Create and update custom calling and texting scripts for various segments
- Ensure the Phonathon program is running at maximum capacity during each shift
- Serve as functional lead for calling and texting software; leverage functionality for fundraising and donor engagement
- Facilitate weekly meetings with Phonathon student leadership staff
- Maintain availability to deal with technical and administrative Phonathon issues during both evening and weekend times
- Other related duties as assigned to help support the department and University Advancement’s goals
Education/Training and Certification, Licensure, Registration Requirements
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and/or university is required.
Experience in call center management, student employment, volunteer management, event planning and/or fundraising helpful. Experience with RNL Engage software and Mongoose Cadence, ThruText or other texting software helpful. Proven ability to motivate large diverse groups and manage staff, along with the ability to problem-solve, multi-task and work in a very fast paced environment is a must. Schedule includes hours worked between 1pm-9:30pm Monday through Thursday and rotational calling sessions on Sunday.
Environment and/or Physical Factors
This position works in an office environment as well as the option to work remotely outside of calling shifts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Marquette University management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
To apply for this job please visit employment.marquette.edu.