Alumni Relations Coordinator
Manhattan CollegeRiverdale, NY
The Alumni Relations Manager will provide administrative support to the Director of Alumni Relations as well as administrative and web-based support for alumni events, management of alumni database including producing constituent lists and/or reports, financial oversight of departmental budgets and accounts, provide day-to-day direction and guidance to student workers in the Alumni office and ensures that the department maintains a strong social media presence. The candidate must be committed to providing customer-service-focused, comprehensive Alumni Relations programming.
Candidate must be a team player that possesses outstanding planning, organizational, and computer skills. Must be able to prioritize and successfully manage several projects while communicating regularly with the Director and the Assistant Director of Alumni Relations. They must thrive in a fast-paced environment and work efficiently with varying direction. Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and be comfortable engaging high-level alumni with poise and self-confidence. Some local travel and weekend/evenings required.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that the department maintains a strong social media presence
- Manages Alumni Office calendars
- Schedule appointments
- Schedule and attend meetings as required
- Coordinate travel plans for the Alumni Director and the Assistant Director
- Maintain accurate inventory of college-branded alumni merchandise
- Serve as a resource and deliver excellent customer service to alumni, faculty, volunteers, and other constituents
- Respond to alumni inquiries (telephone, mail, alumni email account) in a timely and appropriate manner
- Submit office supply orders as necessary
- Run reports and lists as needed (event mailings, emails, check-in lists)
- Update and maintain alumni records
- Track event responses and monitor registrations
- Create labels for mailings, and name badges for event attendees
- Serve as an administrative user of the online alumni community (NetCommunity)
- Track revenues and expenses for departmental budgets and accounts
- Review and accurately code invoices to ensure timely payment
- Produce financial reports for events, including profit & loss statements
- Monitor and maintain details for each event budget
- Support the planning and coordination of various regional, professional, cultural, and athletic events
- Organize and oversee alumni volunteers for events
- Assist in coordinating and implementing chapter and affinity programs
- Process event registrations (phone, mail, email)
- Prepare and review guest lists
- Coordinate with internal and external vendor services, including but not limited to catering, campus reservations,
- florists, awards merchandise, rentals, etc.
- Assist in the creation of marketing materials (invitations, programs, briefing documents, registration pages, emails)
- Produce monthly e-newsletters
- Oversee student workers
- Staff students for events as needed
- Maintain the Alumni Relations website
Bachelor’s degree and experience in event planning or higher education preferred.
Specific Technical Experience
Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Raiser’s Edge constituency database, Dreamweaver, HTML, and Photoshop; ability to quickly learn and train others on new technology. Must be team players with excellent written, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as the ability to speak in public, who can work collaboratively with other campus offices and the Alumni Society Board. Applicants must be detail oriented with a strong devotion to accuracy, an aptitude for numbers and analysis, and the ability to approach problems proactively with a sense of urgency, creativity, and resourcefulness. The ability to multitask and strong customer service skills are essential.
Pack and lift boxes up to 20 lbs.
Ability to travel and drive for business purposes and work some nights and weekends.
To apply for this job please visit manhattan.clearcompany.com.