Raiser’s Edge Database Manager
Lycée Français de New YorkNew York, NY
The Lycée Français de New York, a world-leading independent bilingual French K-12 educational institution, recognizes the strategic role of development, fundraising and data, in informing, assessing, advancing the school’s core educational objectives and in enabling a strong financial and operational foundation.
The Raiser’s Edge Database Manager plays a pivotal role in the Lycée Français de New York’s Development department. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Raiser’s Edge Database Manager oversees the day-to-day and long-term operations of all aspects of the Raiser’s Edge database and assures its quality, consistency, and accuracy. The position is responsible for entry, recording, and processing of all contributions to the School (Annual Fund, Major Gifts and Gala) from receipt through acknowledgement; for maintaining and improving the overall integrity of the Raiser’s Edge database and its continuity with other databases in use at the School; for reporting and reconciliation both within the Development Office and with the Business Office; for report writing and analysis in response to fundraising needs; and for ensuring that the Development office adheres to school-wide policies and procedures on data collection, retention and management.
The Raiser’s Edge Database Manager will also serve as the designated data steward for the Development office in support of a school-wide, multi-year initiative to improve the reliability, accuracy and relevance of data collected across the institution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties outlined below are considered to be the most significant responsibilities of the Raiser’s Edge Database Manager and are essential for effective performance in this position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for maintaining a robust and accurate Raiser’s Edge database for the School, and for all Raiser’s Edge functions, including data entry, gift processing, lists, generates timely and accurate gift acknowledgments and tax receipts, statistical reports and analysis
- Entry, recording, and processing of all contributions to the School (Annual Fund, Major Gifts and Gala) from receipt through electronic receipting
- Maintains all individual and organizational records, inputting and updating biographical, geographical, professional, financial and other information
- Works with Annual Fund and Events teams to maintain accurate and timely targeting, solicitation, gift entry and acknowledgement processes
- Creates weekly, monthly and biannual (end of calendar year, end of fiscal year) reports for Development and Business Offices, including reports for the Report of Giving
- Suggests new and creative ways to help fundraisers maximize the use of data with the goal of deepening the understanding of donor behavior and drive increased giving
- Works closely with the Director of Development to develop policies and protocols for data entry, prospect management, and data accuracy
- Reconciles Development financial records with Business Office records
- Collaborates with Admissions, Registrar, IT, Human Resources, Business, and Communications offices to ensure database information of all constituencies is entered in a timely manner and remains up to date
- Collaborates with members of the Development Team to on the use of Alumni Global Connect, event and auction software, and any other software used by the Team
- Produces and maintains lists for all mailings, communications, and Report of Giving
- Responds to auditor queries with regard to annual audit
- Develops and maintains a dynamic list of policies, procedures and regulations for the Raiser’s Edge database and its use
- Trains and oversees other Development staff in proper use of database
- Participates in regular meetings of the Lycée data stewards group
- Ensures compliance with the Lycée’s policies and procedures around data, as defined by the Chief Information and Data Officer and the data stewards group
- Assists with Development Office tasks and events as needed
Ethical Code: The Raiser’s Edge Database Manager maintains strict confidentiality in regards to all files and personnel that he/she comes in contact with during the course of his/her functions.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent education and experience) with minimum three (3) years Raiser’s Edge experience, including knowledge of and experience with Crystal Reports, building queries, and database management
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Articulate, highly organized, strong attention to detail, someone who takes pride in managing a well-ordered and effective database
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines with grace and good humor
- Excellent organizational and communications skills (both written and verbal), interpersonal skills (with all constituents and colleagues), and mathematical skills
- Self-starter with a demonstrated flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information with complete discretion
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Experience in data analysis and using data to support strategic fundraising decisions and operations
- French language skills desirable, but not required
Additional Requirements: Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed in support of fundraising, stewardship and alumni events
Committed to fostering an inclusive community, the Lycée Français de New York celebrates diverse identities and lived experiences, which enrich our students’ learning. We respect, support, and value our students’ and employees’ voices, and we strive to offer an equitable environment in which they can thrive.
The Lycée actively seeks qualified individuals from underrepresented groups, welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, and is an equal opportunity employer.
The Lycée can only hire individuals who are lawfully authorized to work in the United States as of the date employment is to begin.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.