Major Gift Officer
LSU FoundationBaton Rouge, LA
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, this position is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and prospects with the capacity to make a financial commitment in the form of a major, principal, or transformational gift.
The director will join a dynamic cohort of development professionals supporting the School of Veterinary Medicine, the College of Agriculture/AgCenter, the College of Human Sciences and Education, and the Paul M. Hebert Law Center. Collectively, these units are known as the Bengal Cohort.
60 % | Fundraising
- Manage a portfolio of prospects and donors, effectively executing strategy against the Donor Commitment Continuum.
- Qualify prospective donors for portfolio.
- Create individual goals for each donor in the portfolio.
- Achieve metric goals set forth by VP for Development and SDOD.
20 % | Donor Engagement
- Establish an engagement plan for each donor and prospect in the portfolio that is focused on matching donor interests to university fundraising priorities, subsequently executing that plan and modifying it as circumstances change.
- Work with college faculty and staff to secure project information for creating compelling giving opportunities (front-end) and reporting to donors on how their giving made a difference (back-end).
10 % | Database Management
- Utilize the donor database effectively to document progress with donors.
5 % | Collaboration
- Follow the policies and procedures to coordinate appropriately with all fundraising agencies on campus.
- Interact and collaborate with colleagues and fellow team members on a regular basis.
5 % | Miscellaneous
- Other duties as assigned.
Non-essential/marginal position responsibilities
- Serve on committees
- Assist with major college-related alumni or development events
- Attend relevant seminars or trainings
Required level/type of experience
- Major gift or related fundraising experience
Preferred level/type of experience
- A proven track record of soliciting and securing major gifts in a university environment
- Familiarity with electronic university advancement databases
- Exceptional written and oral communicative skills
- The ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Sensitivity to the need of diverse constituencies
- A team player with a goal-oriented approach to work
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- The ability to represent the organization in a professional, positive, manner
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Timely Decision Making/Judgment: Demonstrates the ability to make judicious and effective decisions.
- Relationship Building: Develops, maintains, and strengthens relationships with others outside of the organization.
- Tenacity: Achieves a desired outcome in the face of setbacks, obstacles, or challenging circumstances.
- Professionalism: Thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of one’s words, actions, appearance, and mode of behavior.
Work Environment Requirements
- May be required to work extended workdays, evenings, and weekends to meet deadlines
- May be required to travel 40% of the time
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.