Specialist, Advancement Services
Le Moyne CollegeSyracuse, NY
The Specialist, Advancement Services serves as the lead staff member responsible for processing gifts, donor acknowledgements/tax receipts, matching gifts, demographic maintenance, varied financial reports, and also assists with stewardship. This position has significant responsibilities in the area of data and gift entry to ensure that all gifts and pledges are accurately recorded in the Raiser’s Edge database and reconciled with the Finance Office. The position also provides administrative support and assistance to the Advancement division, assists in data entry and other duties as needed. This position will also have some responsibilities as a back-up for the Advancement Information Systems Analyst.
- Handles all duties relative to processing, recording and acknowledging gifts in Raiser’s Edge.
- Coordinate and prioritize day-to-day gift processing activities and ensure accurate processing and acknowledgement of gifts.
- Processes online gifts received through iModules, GiveCampus, and other systems.
- Process monthly payroll deductions.
- Tracks, confirms and processes matching gifts, including communicating with matching companies/foundations and providing documentation as requested.
- Reconciles gift batches and prepares batches for daily deposit.
- Prepares monthly batch reports for the Finance Office.
- Produces and distributes accurate receipts, acknowledgement letters and tribute notifications (in honor and in memory of) for every gift within a designated benchmarked timeframe and maintains appropriate documentation for College and audit purposes.
- Process all non-electronic gifts and produces and distributes receipts, acknowledgements and tribute notification with a goal of this occurring within a 24/48-hour period.
- Collaborates with Stewardship to implement and coordinate donor stewardship programs, including developing and maintaining stewardship records in Raiser’s Edge, tracking information, monitoring activity and producing reports. Works with others in the department to help coordinate and run the annual stewardship reporting process.
- Coordinates with Stewardship on maintaining the donor acknowledgement letter templates and updates, as needed at least annually.
- Communicates with the Director of Advancement Services to ensure accurate processing of gifts and to ensure financial integrity and accuracy.
- Communicates with the Director of Advancement Services to resolve technical problems and make adjustments to ensure efficient and effective gift processing and acknowledgement activities.
- Processes special handling of non-routine gifts (stock, real estate, planned gifts, etc.) and deposits.
- Records donor pledges in Raiser’s Edge and maintains all pledge files. Tracks outstanding pledges and produces pledge reminder letters to donors. Reports as appropriate on outstanding pledges.
- Verifies and updates biographical data in Raiser’s Edge as provided by Development Officers, constituent information received via gifts and/or correspondence to ensure accuracy of the database.
- With the Director of Advancement Services, maintains best practices to ensure the most accurate database possible.
- Handles highly sensitive information and maintains confidentiality on all materials handled adhering to and enhancing established College and departmental data integrity standards.
- Reviews, revises and/or creates documentation related to operating procedures for tasks or system processes.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting and 4+ years of relevant experience required.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Strong computer skills are required
- Exceptional attention to detail and a customer service philosophy are required.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality, be self-directed and be able to maintain multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Prior experience with database software necessary, preferably Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge. Experience with Slate software is a plus, but not required.
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google products, especially MS Word, MS Excel and Word Mail Merge.
- Experience with query and report writing is a plus, but not required.
- Previous experience in a higher education setting is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and general ledger experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
To apply for this job please visit lemoyne.interviewexchange.com.