Officer, Annual Giving
Le Moyne CollegeSyracuse, NY
The Annual Giving Officer will support Le Moyne’s annual giving efforts. The Annual Giving Officer will work closely with other functions within the advancement division, including alumni and parent engagement, volunteer mobilization, major gifts, and gift planning. Functions of campus philanthropy include Giving Day, Faculty and Staff Giving, Class Management, Reunion Giving, the President’s Club, direct mail and some marketing. The annual giving team is responsible for increasing the annual giving revenue and alumni participation, broadening the base of support, and strengthening the major gift pipeline through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
Principal Duties and Essential Functions:
Job duties specific to this position:
- Plan, implement and execute Giving Day, Le Moyne’s annual philanthropy day for the college community.
- Increase campus-wide Giving Day involvement from prior year, utilizing faculty, staff and student volunteers as needed to increase engagement.
- Work closely with the Director of Annual Giving to strategize and implement faculty and staff fundraising initiatives.
- Cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of 50-60 President’s Club donors ($1,000+ annually)
- Maintains confidentiality around database management and donor confidentiality.
- With the Annual Giving department, support the Advancement and Innovation Team’s efforts to meet alumni engagement and financial goals, while building the pipeline to leadership gifts within the Advancement Office.
- With the Annual Giving Team, enhance a culture of philanthropy that strategically cultivates awareness, gratitude, and giving across campus constituents.
- Manage and execute the Annual Giving Solicitation and Marketing calendar, including but not limited to, project timelines for direct mail, electronic and video appeals, requesting data lists from
- Advancement Services, compiling design elements, stewardship messaging, and assisting in coordinating workflows to ensure the annual giving department meets fundraising targets.
- Assist with the design process of various digital assets, work with Marketing/Communications as needed, create giving templates in Pledgemine for direct mail pieces.
- Oversight of web-based resources and volunteer management software implementation. Utilize these resources to effectively organize and implement in person and virtual volunteer training and necessary follow-up.
- Meet regularly with Associate Director of Reunion &Class Giving for ongoing committee/volunteer and resource evaluation and assist in implementing changes as necessary. Provide volunteer fundraising tracking support as needed.
- Coordinate the scheduling and production of volunteer packet material, graphics, and additional print materials with the Communications Office.
- Strategize and oversee methods of tracking fundraising participation of volunteers, advisory committees, and boards. Meet regularly with the Director of Annual Giving and Associate Director of Reunion & Class Giving to check progress and strategize methods to encourage full volunteer giving participation.
Job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates and role-models all of Le Moyne’s mission-based competencies (collaboration, communication, diversity, integrity, leadership and service) in every interaction with all community members and external parties.
- Strengthen digital literacy skills through education and the application of digital technologies in order to effectively engage in information gathering, utilization and data management while promoting a security culture.
- Supports cura personalis by treating all individuals with dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Promotes cura apostolica by aligning professional goals, objectives, and performance with college’s strategic goals.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work ethic.
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and training sessions.
- Complies and adheres to all of Le Moyne’s established policies, procedures and codes of conduct at all times, including all health and safety requirements and regulations, to promote desired behavior and build awareness.
- Must complete all required federal, state, institution and department trainings.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development. Continually maintains skills and knowledge relative to the position and technology industry including best practice, evolving operational requirements, and industry trends.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years’ of progressive fundraising experience required preferably in a college/university setting and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Marketing, or Communications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and writing skills required.
- Willingness to take initiative is crucial
- Strong organizational ability to manage multiple, complex tasks and meet task deadlines.
- Must maintain confidentiality, be self-directed and motivated, and work effectively with others.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management and organization skills.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as required to achieve Le Moyne College Annual Giving goals and objectives.
- Must provide a writing sample with application.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne College’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Mission Statement
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit Tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the
liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College
seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
Le Moyne Benefits
- 403(b) Retirement contribution- (9.5% Employer match)
- Generous tuition coverage
- Health insurance options- (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts)
- Health Savings Accounts- (Partially Employer funded)
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance- (Employer paid)
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance (Employer paid)
- Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary benefits- (Legal, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance, Pet Insurance etc.)
- 12 paid holidays (In addition to paid time off the week between Christmas and New Years)
- Generous time off package
- 35 hour work weeks
Equal Employment Opportunity
Le Moyne College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship & immigration or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Le Moyne makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this position please click the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit the required materials for consideration:
- Cover letter outlining your interest in the position
- Current resume
- Contact information for 3 professional references
To apply for this job please visit lemoyne.interviewexchange.com.