Coordinator, Gift Processing
Le Moyne CollegeSyracuse, NY
The Coordinator, Gift Processing serves as the lead staff member responsible for processing gifts, donor acknowledgements/tax receipts, matching gifts, demographic maintenance, varied financial reports, and also assists with stewardship. This position has significant responsibilities in the area of data and gift entry to ensure that all gifts and pledges are accurately recorded in the Raiser’s Edge database and reconciled with the Finance Office. The position also provides administrative support and assistance to the Advancement division, assists in data entry and other duties as needed.
Principal Duties and Essential Functions:
Job duties specific to this position:
- Handles all duties relative to processing, recording and acknowledging gifts in Raiser’s Edge.
- Coordinate and prioritize day-to-day gift processing activities and ensure accurate processing and acknowledgement of gifts.
- Processes online gifts received through iModules, GiveCampus, and other systems.
- Process monthly payroll deductions.
- Tracks, confirms and processes matching gifts, including communicating with matching companies/foundations and providing documentation as requested.
- Reconciles gift batches and prepares batches for daily deposit.
- Prepares monthly batch reports for the Finance Office.
- Produces and distributes accurate receipts, acknowledgement letters and tribute notifications (in honor and in memory of) for every gift within a designated benchmarked timeframe and maintains appropriate documentation for College and audit purposes.
- Collaborates with the Associate Director of Stewardship to implement and coordinate donor stewardship programs, including developing and maintaining stewardship records in Raiser’s Edge, tracking information, monitoring activity and producing reports. Works with others in the department to coordinate and run the annual stewardship reporting process.
- Coordinates with the Associate Director of Stewardship on maintaining the donor acknowledgement letter templates and updates, as needed at least annually.
- Communicates with the Director of Advancement Services to ensure accurate processing of gifts and to ensure financial integrity and accuracy.
- Communicates with the Director of Advancement Services to resolve technical problems and make adjustments to ensure efficient and effective gift processing and acknowledgement activities.
- Processes special handling of non-routine gifts (stock, real estate, planned gifts, etc.) and deposits.
- Records donor pledges in Raiser’s Edge and maintains all pledge files. Tracks outstanding pledges and produces pledge reminder letters to donors. Reports as appropriate on outstanding pledges. Adjusts gifts and pledges as directed by the Director of Advancement Services.
- Verifies and updates biographical data in Raiser’s Edge as provided by Development Officers, constituent information received via gifts and/or correspondence to ensure accuracy of the database.
- With the Director of Advancement Services, maintains best practices to ensure the most accurate database possible.
- Assists with database projects (ex: reviewing/ updating deceased constituents ), as needed.
- Handles highly sensitive information and maintains confidentiality on all materials handled adhering to and enhancing established College and departmental data integrity standards.
Job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates and role-models all of Le Moyne’s mission-based competencies (collaboration, communication, diversity, integrity, leadership and service) in every interaction with all community members and external parties.
- Strengthen digital literacy skills through education and the application of digital technologies in order to effectively engage in information gathering, utilization and data management while promoting a security culture.
- Supports cura personalis by treating all individuals with dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Promotes cura apostolica by aligning professional goals, objectives, and performance with college’s strategic goals.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work ethic.
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and training sessions.
- Complies and adheres to all of Le Moyne’s established policies, procedures and codes of conduct at all times, including all health and safety requirements and regulations, to promote desired behavior and build awareness.
- Must complete all required federal, state, institution and department trainings.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development. Continually maintains skills and knowledge relative to the position and technology industry including best practice, evolving operational requirements, and industry trends.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne College’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Mission Statement
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit Tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s degree with equivalent experience.
- Degree or experience in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting Preferred
- Strong computer skills are required
- Exceptional attention to detail and a customer service philosophy are required.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality, be self-directed and be able to maintain multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Prior experience with database software necessary, preferably Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge. Experience with Slate software is a plus, but not required.
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google products, especially MS Word, MS Excel and Word Mail Merge.
- Experience with query and report writing is a plus, but not required.
- Previous experience in a higher education setting is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and general ledger experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel. Le Moyne College reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
To apply for this job please visit lemoyne.interviewexchange.com.