Associate Director, Annual Giving
Le Moyne CollegeSyracuse, NY
The Associate Director of Annual Giving will oversee the College’s reunion giving program through the planning and execution of a comprehensive cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategy. This role will be heavily focused on Reunion Giving, Volunteerism, and Class Giving. These strategies will encourage alumni celebrating reunions to contribute in excess of $800,000 in unrestricted funds each year in support of the College’s fundraising priorities. This position will partner with other advancement and innovation team members to promote and develop reunion giving incentives and stewardship.
The Associate Director of Annual Giving will also oversee, direct and mentor the Annual Giving Specialist.
Principal Duties and Essential Functions:
Job duties specific to this position:
Reunion Giving & Volunteerism
- Collaborate with the Office of Alumni Engagement to lead reunion giving by managing 11 reunion committees, chairs and members, with the goal to increase the total dollars contributed and participation rate for each milestone reunion year. The unrestricted giving total will include 30-40% from reunion classes each year.
- Partner with advancement officers, research and review class lists to select potential chairs and major prospects for upcoming reunion classes. Recruit and train volunteers.
- Respond to reunion volunteer requests, coordinate monthly conference calls, help with agendas for meetings, keep records of volunteer progress, and maintain consistent contact with all chairs and agents.
- Partner with the Alumni Engagement team to develop and implement reunion giving incentives and stewardship.
- Create a 50th reunion giving program focused on major gifts, planned gifts and increased annual support over five-year periods following each class’s 45th reunion. With the Senior Advisor to the VP of Advancement and Innovation, plan, implement and monitor the execution of multi-year solicitations.
- Identify, recruit, train, motivate and manage alumni volunteers to execute successful peer-to-peer asks in reunion classes.
- Identify, cultivate and steward giving volunteers in upcoming reunion classes and affinity-based reunion cohorts.
- Identify, cultivate and steward upcoming reunion fundraising volunteers, parent volunteers and affinity group fundraising volunteers to leverage engagement into donor participation.
- Partner with relationship managers including Major Gifts and the Senior Advisor to the VP of Advancement and Innovation to ensure that prospects celebrating reunions are appropriately solicited by a peer whenever possible.
- Partner with the Alumni Engagement team to coordinate reunion logistics based on feedback provided by reunion volunteers.
- Maintains confidentiality around database management and donor confidentiality.
- With the Director of Annual Giving and leadership volunteers, set dollar and participation goals for assigned classes.
- With the Director of Annual Giving and leadership volunteers, develop and implement a plan to achieve dollar and participation goals.
- Identify, cultivate, steward and solicit leadership donors within the Reunion years to help lead Annual Giving challenges for major outreach periods (i.e. Giving Day, Commencement, CYE).
- Develop and implement a year-round plan to steward and thank volunteers/donors from each of the assigned classes.
Presidents Club ($1,000 + annually)
- Cultivate, steward and solicit annual gifts from a portfolio of 60-75 President’s Club prospects. ($1000+)
- Oversee, direct and mentor the Assistant Director of Annual Giving (Campus Philanthropy & Volunteer Fundraising) and Assistant Director of Annual Giving.
Job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates and role-models all of Le Moyne’s mission-based competencies (collaboration, communication, diversity, integrity, leadership and service) in every interaction with all community members and external parties.
- Strengthen digital literacy skills through education and the application of digital technologies in order to effectively engage in information gathering, utilization and data management while promoting a security culture.
- Supports cura personalis by treating all individuals with dignity, professionalism and kindness.
- Promotes cura apostolica by aligning professional goals, objectives, and performance with college’s strategic goals.
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance, reliability and work ethic.
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings and training sessions.
- Complies and adheres to all of Le Moyne’s established policies, procedures and codes of conduct at all times, including all health and safety requirements and regulations, to promote desired behavior and build awareness.
- Must complete all required federal, state, institution and department trainings.
- Engages in a planned program of professional development. Continually maintains skills and knowledge relative to the position and technology industry including best practice, evolving operational requirements, and industry trends.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion job expectations for all Le Moyne College employees:
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment by supporting the diversity, equity, and inclusion goals of the employee’s unit.
- Regularly participates in professional development opportunities to become more aware of DEI issues and to consider ways in which their work can be expanded to honor and incorporate the diversity of our community.
- Works to neutralize institutional bias by analyzing the policies and procedures of their unit and making suggestions to remove barriers for historically underserved people.
- Promotes open communication across Le Moyne’s community in order to create an inclusive environment, and understanding of others backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.
Le Moyne College’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Mission Statement
Le Moyne College is a diverse learning community that strives for academic excellence in the Catholic and Jesuit Tradition through its comprehensive programs rooted in the liberal arts and sciences. Its emphasis is on education of the whole person and on the search for meaning and value as integral parts of the intellectual life. Le Moyne College seeks to prepare its members for leadership and service in their personal and professional lives to promote a more just society.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or equivalent progressive experience required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing and/or fundraising
- Minimum of 3 years’ fundraising experience required preferably in a college/university setting, with a proven track record of increasing responsibility.
- Must possess excellent organizational, communication, customer service, writing, marketing and data analysis skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Prior management experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communications and writing skills required.
- Willingness to take initiative is crucial
- Must be willing to work cross-functionally with other departments on campus.
- Strong organizational ability to manage multiple, complex tasks and meet task deadlines.
- Must maintain confidentiality, be self-directed and motivated, and work effectively with others.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as required to achieve Le Moyne College Annual Giving goals and objectives.
- Some travel may be required.
To apply for this job please visit lemoyne.interviewexchange.com.